Rush

He had resumed his position on the outer side of the counter and thanked me for tea. I thanked him for bringing me the jacket at the late hour, despite knowing that the jacket was completely irrelevant to his visit. I leaned against the godforsaken counter while he grabbed his keys and made for the door, then feebly saying goodbye. He held the door open, looking at me for a moment longer than appropriate and said, "I'll see you tomorrow," before striding out.

I had groaned in realization of this comment and gulped down 3 glasses of water before patting down my swollen lips in the mirror and settling in bed. But sleep hadn't come before I conflictedly admitted to myself- I am destructively and terminally attracted to Park Jimin.

I went into work the next day not knowing how to feel. My fingers twitched and my heart took a hit of heroin every time my mind wandered to thoughts of lush pink lips and kitchen counters. I fidgeted with my keys while cataloguing for today's show and I rushed into the stylists' room before I could run into anyone. If I saw the man in question, I would have either pounced on him or run in the opposite direction and the best way to not find out which, I chose to avoid the situation entirely.

"Are you okay?" Mia asked, slipping onto the couch beside me, "you seem on edge."

"It's the most important of the award shows. I AM on edge." I said and she bought it, asking no further questions.
"We'll be okay, calm down. Everything is perfectly in place." She winked. Girl, speak for yourself.

The boys arrived soon after and I got to work instantly, styling Namjoon and Jungkook at an easy, languid pace. Mia worked on Yoongi, Taehyung and Hoseok in succession, and noticing Jin walk by, I asked him to bless me with his beauty on my chair.

"You're taking your time today, huh." He stated and I shrugged.

"It's an important event. Can't be too careful. Specially with this stunning mug."

He laughed, "you know you couldn't make me look bad even if you tried."

"That is a compliment for both you and me and that is why you are my favorite." I claimed in response.

"Hey, hey, hold up. I thought I was your favorite." Taehyung approached, feigning hurt by clasping a hand over his chest.

"She realized her mistake, Taehyung-ah! She knows better now." He stated confidently and I laughed out loud. I felt someone walk by us and bit my lip in anticipation, continuing Jin's makeup in my leisurely attitude, hoping my plan of action worked and Mia would take Jimin on this day as well.

Namjoon approached us and the three of us yelled "Leader!" in unison. He blushed, "Tara, send Jin to me soon. His is the only mic left to be tested."

I giggled at how cute he was. Mia finished with Hoseok I heard her call to Jimin.

I smirked. "5 minutes. I'll send him in 5 minutes."

"okay, thanks," he nodded "why are you smiling like that, Tara?"

"Cause you cute." I shrugged and Jin giggled underneath me.

Namjoon blushed and muttered, "thanks, weirdo" before moving away.

"Cute!" I called out and laughed, Jin joining me.

"Hey, Tara," Mia came up behind me, "hurry up because you gotta do Jimin, too."
"wait, you're not- I mean, you're done, right? You can take him?" I asked, adding finishing touches to Jin's hair.

"Yeah, but he asked for you. So, like, hurry." She said, patting my butt and walking away. I groaned.

Jin stood up, "what? You and Jimin fight yesterday? Is that why he came back home all wound up?"

My eyes widened, "No! No, we didn't. I just- I'm kinda tired and he'll be my fourth for today, so... that's all. No fight, all good." I shook my head.

He narrowed his eyes at me. Jin was an intelligent man with good instincts, and I frantically hoped he wouldn't question me further.
"Okay..." he slid away, "if you say so."

I knew he didn't believe me but at least he didn't ask me anything further. I sighed and leaned on the table, keeping my head down.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did you not want me today?"

My head snapped up. "give me a fucking break" I muttered and turned to look at Park Jimin.

"Jimin-ssi." I nodded and motioned to the chair.

"Tara." He sat, "there's no rest for the wicked."

I shook my head at his smirk.

"You would know, wouldn't you?" I said and he laughed.

"Not just me, now, isn't it, doll?" he soughed and cocked his head to one side

Oh, for the love of god. I'm in so much trouble.