Deliberate Neighbours

The next two days were quiet, as the boys practiced hard for their next stage. I spent my time at home, oscillating between studying and catching up with the newer k-dramas. I had an online test due over the next weekend, so I studied as much as I could in the current relatively uneventful week.

My phone rang just when I was going to start dusting the house.

Oh, well, I guess it'll have to wait.

"Tara?"

"Yes, PD-nim?"

"The boys have been called to America for a couple of interviews and we are to leave on Friday. I need you to send Kim Hee some documents for your travel arrangements, but I need you do it right now."

"Uh... I wasn't aware we were going to America..."
"I know, dear, I'm sorry. It's kind of last minute but this is good for exposure. Do you have something else scheduled?"

"No, no it's alright. I'll send him the documents, PD-nim." MY TEST!

"Okay, Tara I'll see you."

"Yeah, you too."

The line cut and I plopped down into my seat. America? In 3 days? This'll be interesting.

My bags were packed and I was ready to go. The trip was only for 3 days as the boys had various interviews scheduled one after the other. Settling into my airplane seat, I hoped I could style them once and then leave them to the assistants, so I could be out and about in the streets of LA doing my own thing.

Just as I was about to slip into my own little shopping reverie, Namjoon stopped at the seat next to mine.

"Hello, Namjoon-ssi," I greeted.

"Tara!" he exclaimed, dropping his headphones in the excitement.

Jungkook swooped in and caught them, exhaling, "Aish! You just got these, are you going to break them already?"

Jimin strolled in next with Taehyung and Yoongi by his side. Oh, wow, Bangtan party.

"Monie hyung, switch seats with me?" he glanced at me and I immediately looked away. I hadn't heard from him since the 2 AM cliff-hangout and I didn't know what to make of it.

"Why?" Taehyung inquired, "why should you sit next to Tara?"

"My leg hurts. This seat has more legroom, that's all."

"All the seats have the same legroom, Jimin-ah, this isn't economy. Besides, you're so small, you have far more space compared to the rest of us." Yoongi yawned. Ouch.

"HEY! I ONLY HAVE 1 CENTIMETRE MO-"

Namjoon switched his ticket with Jimin, interrupting the beginning of a fight I'd love to watch and accidently ripping a little bit of his own ticket.

"just sit wherever, how does it matter?" Jungkook muttered when Jin showed up and ushered all of them further into the aircraft.

"Ah, the things I have to do to spend some time with you." Jimin sighed, sitting down and shoving his bag under his legs.

"If it's so inconvenient, then don't. No one asked to do any of those things." I muttered, avoiding eye contact.

"Yes, I'm aware. And I'd like to have a conversation about it sometime soon." He said, closing his eyes and sinking into his seat.

What?

A cryptic man, Park Jimin.

//  

I was a light sleeper, so I was vaguely aware of every time Jimin reached over to brush my hair out of my face or pull my blanket up higher. When the flight attendant approached with my food, he answered for me, taking my food onto his table, not wanting to wake me. When I stirred awake, the first thing I felt were his eyes on me and I sat upright.

"What? Was I drooling? I never drool, though," I said running my hands over my face and hair to make sure everything was okay.

He laughed, "no, you weren't. Everything is fine." He gripped my hands and pried them away from my frantic self-adjustment.

"Then why are you staring?" my hands were still in his.

He shrugged, "because I want to."

I pulled my hands away, "weren't you the one to remind me that it's rude to stare?"

"Yes, and as I recall you claimed I was a rude man so I might as well do as I please." He smirked. Damn it.

I stared in disbelief because I didn't know what to say.

"Oh?" his eyes gleamed mischievously, "have I done it? Have I actually rendered you speechless?"

I rolled my eyes, "pfft, you wish. If a man has no intention of bettering himself, what's a little lady to do about it?"

He chuckled, "little lady... cute," he placed a tray of food on my table.

"Well, my little lady, it's time to fill up your little tummy now," he said, sliding the table till it was in front of me.

His little lady? I blushed, looking down at the tray and taking inventory of what to eat and what not to eat. I rolled my sleeves up and dug in, not realizing how hungry I was from sleeping so long.

As soon as I took my first bite I heard Jimin say "good girl" and I turned around to pick a fight. I stopped and pulled the bread out of my mouth when I saw him snuggle up into his blanket, occupying only half of the entire seat. I smiled fondly at how cute he was, glad his eyes were closed, unable to see the depth of affection I unknowingly felt for him.