Ed Sheeran Wouldn't Treat Me Like This

"I take it that you and Karmi are getting along?" Aunt Cass asked as soon as the young employee walked out of the cafe.

Getting along isn't a term that most would use to describe Hiro and Karmi. But, the whole act was for his aunt. He was going to have to make some stuff up

"We've been getting along plenty before she was hired." Hiro plastered the best fake smile that he could. "Professor Granville paired us for a week because we're geniuses and all. We kinda just went from there."

Aunt Cass sat down at the booth, the same place Karmi had been sitting not ten minutes ago. "She seems like a really nice girl. What else is there to know about her?"

Nice? Karmi? Hiro wanted to laugh. Nice wasn't a word to describe her. At all. She still held the accidental stool that was thrown at her against him.

"She's really nice." Hiro hoped his voice was even. "She's a biotech major. We really support each other. Like that time Trengrove kicked us out of his presentation."

"You're friends with a nice, pretty, and smart girl." Aunt Cass clapped. "This is amazing."

Nice. Pretty. Smart. Hiro could only deny one of those nouns that Aunt Cass used to describe Karmi. He wasn't going to admit which one.

"It is amazing." He remembered what Granville had told him about his emotional state. "I was going through something, being the youngest person there. But, Karmi, being there for me because she knew what I was going through, made it so much better."

Baymax stood in the kitchen, washing dishes. "I am unable to understand why Karmi was embarrassed."

"Young girls are like that, Baymax. They get embarrassed around cute boys." Aunt Cass looked at Hiro as she spoke, indicating that she wasn't really talking to Baymax.

"I will have to upgrade my program so I can understand teenage girls." Baymax put the plates down and made his way upstairs.

"No program is going to help Baymax understand teenage girls." That was one of the truest things that Hiro had said all evening. He was a genius and didn't understand girls. Even Go Go and Honey Lemon were hard to read sometimes.

Karmi believed that he had stolen her place as the youngest student on purpose. Is there programming to make her see that that wasn't true?

"Programming can't help, but a girl that was once a teenager is better than nothing." Aunt Cass pretended to throw her hair over her shoulder.

"You're right. I'll ask Go Go and Honey Lemon." Hiro joked. Aunt Cass smacked him upside the head playfully. "I'm kidding."

"So, when are things going to start happening?"

Hiro got up from the table. Nothing is going to happen between him and his sworn enemy. The blush on his face probably told Aunt Cass different, but anyone would be embarrassed at their aunt's trying to get them together with their enemy.

Right?