Everything Goes Wonderfully

Hiro had a very large feeling of regret as him and Karmi worked in his room.

Mainly because they were free to yell at each other since Aunt Cass went shopping for groceries and Baymax worked the cafe. Which meant that they were left unsupervised. That's Hiro's excuse for what happened next.

"Why don't we take this project," Hiro grabbed at his hair in stress. "And move it all the way to Antarctica."

"Because we need to come up with an actual solution to this thing or we'll never pass." Karmi reminded as she had her head in her hands. "That won't bare well for me."

"What do you mean?" Hiro asked.

"Isn't it obvious? Wouldn't you get into trouble if you don't pass one assignment?" Karmi looked up from her arms. She stared at him in confusion.

"I mean, if I don't pass a class, maybe. But one assignment isn't really anything." Hiro shrugged. "When I failed this project the first two times everyone was just patient with me and helped me get through it."

Karmi was silent for a while. She focused her attention to the papers in front of her. Finally, she said, "I've never been able to have anything like that."

Hiro sat down on his bed. What did she mean? All of a sudden, why was she suddenly revealing new information to him? He doesn't mind, but he was curious.

"Sorry." Karmi apologized. "C'mon, we have to work on this."

She probably thought he was silent because he was weirded out. "Don't apologize. Tell me what's wrong." Hiro felt like he was being encouraging. He felt like...

Like somebody he once knew...

"It's fine!" Karmi snapped. There it is. There's the side of Karmi he usually saw. The one who hated him still. "Look, we need to get this done, and we can't do this with you trying to get me to talk!"

"Why are you such a bitch sometimes?" Hiro snapped back. He wasn't going to let her be the only one to talk. "I try to be your friend but you never let me. Talk to me like a friend, not like a stranger."

Karmi turned around and stared him in the eyes with a death glare. "Because I don't really know what it's like to talk to a friend. I've never had one."

Hiro stood up. "Then let me be your friend. I can help you."

"What do you mean help?"

Hiro knew immediately that he had said the wrong thing. Don't leave him alone with girls. Especially when it's girls that his aunt wants to set him up with. Don't do it.

"I didn't mean-"

"No, you didn't." Karmi stood up and walked over to him. "You think I need help. I probably do. Would my family let me? No, because they don't want to admit that their daughter has problems. So no, don't offer help. I can't accept it."

"I didn't mean for that to come out the way that it did." Hiro tried to talk as calmly and soft as possible. "I'm sorry."

Karmi looked out his window. Her eyes were watery. Was Hiro really about to make her cry? "Thanks." She quickly wiped her eyes. "I," she inhaled. "I'm sorry, too."

Hiro faced her. She still wasn't looking at him. "What are you sorry for?"

"For being such a bitch."

"Hey," Hiro grabbed the side of her face to make her face him. He let go quickly. "I was speaking out of anger. I don't know what I was saying."

"I was the reason you were angry so I probably deserved that." Karmi glanced at his alarm clock. "Well, I should head downstairs. I don't think that Baymax should be running the cafe by himself."

"It's already time for your shift?" Hiro didn't know where the time had gone. How had they been working for so long, yet still didn't have a clue for the project?

"Yeah. Surprise." Karmi grabbed her phone from the desk and made her way downstairs. "We'll work after my shift?"

"Yeah." Hiro waved goodbye to her.

Maybe Granville was right to pair them. At the same time, she could've been incredibly wrong. Hiro didn't know which one he was scared of more.

A/N - I'M VERY EMOTIONAL RN SORRY Y'ALL JUST READ MY RANT BOOK IF YOU WANNA KNOW