Chapter 5

I hear my mum calling my name and wince. How long had I fallen asleep for? I check my phone and almost sit up in shock. It's almost two p.m. I rub my eyes and sit up before I walk down stairs and sit at the table. My mum hands me my plate filled with chicken and vegetables. Kizar, my brothers girlfriend, sits across from me. She smiles as my mum hands her a plate. I never used to like when my brother started dating her just three months ago but now I can sometimes enjoy her company. Especially when she needs my help like at christmas or when all her ex-friends start bullshitting about her. I feel the need to help her.

I start eating my dinner and my brother ends up stealing most of my carrots and peas because I'm not a huge fan of them.

"So how was the concert last night?" My mum asks as most of us finish our meal.

"Er... Great if you like One Direction." I say simply not really wanting to point out that I bumped into Niall because my mum would freak out.

"Well I hope Kaira had fun."

"Oh she did. Most of the band members held her hand in one way or another. One even followed her on twitter." I say quite quickly and take my plate to the dishwasher so that my mum doesn't ask any more questions.

I grab myself a glass of water and down it suddenly feeling thirsty. I put my glass in the dishwasher before I practically run back upstairs and almost fall over my own foot during the process. I sigh as I reach my bedroom.

I jump onto my bed and find my phone from under my pillow. I scroll through all the messages from Kaira and laugh slightly. She is a pretty funny person. Also very intense.

I can hear the t.v playing but I'm not quite sure which.

I open a box of Jaffa Cakes and start eating them. So much for my diet. I log onto twitter and tweet about this just to keep my theme going a little while longer. I earn a few faves and leave it at that.

I sit bored. I have no more homework to do or coursework and I had already gone back to sleep. There was only one option left. I plug my laptop in before I switch it on and log onto Netflix. A few episodes of American Horror Story never hurt anyone. Except that a few episodes turned into finishing season two when I was still on season one. It quite unbelievable how much time I can spend on one website.

My phone starts to ring. I swipe to answer Kaira.

"Sup fat pal?" I ask simply.

"Niall followed me!" She doesn't quite shout but it wasn't exactly quiet either.

"I know. I said he would follow you." I put a Jaffa Cake in my mouth.

"Anyway, what are you doing next week?" Kaira quickly changes topic.

"Hang on! Let me check my planner called no social life." I pause, "I have nothing going on strangely."

"Shut up. My sisters having a party and you should come. You can sleep over." This girl must be feeling hopeful. I never sleep at anyone house.

"I don't know. Maybe. I'm going to go Chummy. See you Monday." I hang up.

I charge my phone and decide to take a bath. It seems to take by far too long to fill up but it does eventually. I tie my hair up and then climb into the bubbles. I mess around with bubbles whilst I shut my eyes and sink into the water further. My thoughts trail off to Niall. His smile. His eyes. Our short conversation. Why did he even pop up to me? Am I just another girl that hasn't freaked our around him? Am I just a girl? These thoughts overwhelm me. It's not as if we were going to become friends because of having one conversation through twitter.

I open my eyes and sigh. I really need to get a life instead of thinking of some silly boyband member. I mentally slap myself, Kaira always tells me how One Direction are a band and not a boyband. She even brings up pictures just to prove it to me. I laugh quietly at that memory.

I want to climb out of the bath but I've forgotten my towel.

"Shit." I mutter under my breath. I stand up, climb out, open the door and dash as fast as I can to my room. I leap for my towel and wrap it around my wet body

before plodding back to the bathroom to pull the plug out. I quickly towel dry my hair and my body before I go and put my blue onesie on.

I tie my hair up into a messy bun as I get my phone. A load of notifications are sat on the screen waiting for me to read them. Most of them are from Twitter so I log into twitter. A few people have retweeted some random tweets and I have a direct message off of someone. I tap the little envelope to see another message from Niall. A weird feeling burns in my stomach because he has taken some time just to message me. I smile and then force myself to stop. I am not going to turn into another one of his fangirls.

*Hii.* I reply back to his message even though he sent it fifteen minutes ago.

*How's your day been?* I was surprised by how fast his reply was.

*Boring and full of homework. How about yours?* I mentally laugh at how normal this conversation is.

*Full of song writing, what subjects are you in? X*

*Art x* I put a kiss back to be polite. I am then plunged into a conversation about art and my art work which somehow leads into a conversation about how music is a form of art and expression. I learn so much about him but most importantly that he is not a stuck up, self centred dick.

Our conversation ends when I tell Niall it is midnight here. I didn't exactly want to stop talking to him but it was sweet how he wanted me to sleep.

But as per usual, it is when I'm trying to fall asleep when all the questions pop into my head. All those negative questions and remarks about Niall. I somehow manage to convince myself that Niall is only talking to me because he pity's me and that he probably talks to hundreds of other girls.

I sigh at the thought of being nothing to him. I'm just another girl.