6 ~ Reset Is Awesome!

I'm taking some characters from Hollow city and putting them into this story, and in this story I'm changing some stuff so that the last two books didn't exist. You'll understand what I'm saying. Enjoy!

"Children reset is in an hour. I expect all of you to clean up and be ready by the time I call you. You can play then get ready or you can get ready then play I don't mind." Miss Peregrine let us all go and do whatever we wanted. I helped the Ymbryne, Jake and Emma clean up while Olive went upstairs to try and get Enoch to come downstairs. After I helped clean up, the three of us went to go and sit outside for a bit, while Miss Peregrine finished reading her book and they started to explain what had happened before I arrived.

"And so once we rescued Miss Peregrine we all got back on the boat and travelled back to Wales. The house was destroyed but Miss Peregrine managed to get it fixed with help from a few Ymbryne's who used their powers together and reset it back to September 3rd." Jake finished.

"Victors body was also restored." Emma had explained to me what had happened to Victor and I felt real sorry for Bronwyn. Speaking of the strong girl, she came and sat on my lap.

"You can meet him if you want." She spoke quietly, seeing as the boys were playing football close by.

"Are you sure? I don't want to make you upset or force you." I replied. She only flashed me a cute little smile and nodded her head.

"Okay sure."

"We'll do it in the morning after breakfast." Emma stood up, brushed herself off and pulled Jake up off the grass. Bronwyn got up and helped me up.

"Let's go and get ready for reset slash bedtime." We all walked into the house and I walked Bronwyn to her room she shared with Claire. I walked to my temporary room and went through my bag, finding my PJ's which were black and dark blue plaid pyjama pants, a black tank top and a dark grey cardigan to go over the top. A knock came from my door and Emma walked in, in her pyjamas.

"That's what you wear to bed?" She asked looking me up and down. I nodded.

"I normally wear socks as well but it's actually kinda hot tonight." I replied. She seemed a little shocked. "Em, where...when I'm from, girls can basically dress however they want." I stated. She nodded and we walked down the stairs and out into the heard where everyone was. I wrapped my cardigan around my body and stood in between Jake and Emma. We all put on our gas masks, just as planes flew over us. I smiled in amazement, as a bomb was dropped on the house, but stopped before it could hit it. Everything stopped. The raindrops, the trees swaying in the slow breeze, the wind itself and even the music, that Miss Peregrine had put on as Emma and I walked out of the house. The Ymbryne then started to turn back the time using her fob-watch and the day quickly turned back. One second it was night, then it turned to day and back to night again, as we entered September 2nd. We all took off our gas masks and I grinned at Emma.

"That's was awesome!" I whisper shouted, as everyone headed inside. She smiled back at me as we too walked back inside the large house.

"Macy can I talk to you for a moment please?" Miss Peregrine leaned against the wall closest to her. I stopped and nodded, saying goodnight to everyone...well except Enoch who was still sending me his stupid glares. It was getting old and frankly it was getting annoying. Once everyone had gone upstairs, Miss Peregrine lead me into the kitchen, where two mugs sat. One had hot chocolate and the other had ,I presumed, coffee. We sat down and she pushed the mug of hot chocolate over to me, where I sipped it slowly, letting the hot fluid run down my throat.

"I wanted to talk to you about your father." I placed the cup on the table and looked up. The Ymbryne had a sad look on her face.

"What about him?" I asked.

"He and I used to be in a relationship." I already knew this, but I acted shocked.

"For how long?" That was a genuine question.

"No more than six years." She replied. I could see tears forming at the brim of her eyes.

"What happened?" I asked, also knowing the answer. But I just wanted to hear her side of the story.

"One day he left. He kissed me goodbye, telling me that he would be back later but never came back. I wrote to him and he wrote back. Your father had found his soulmate, a peculiar who could see ones true love. They got married and had you one year after I last saw him." A stray tear fell onto her pale cheek. I felt awful.

"That's why Enoch hates me." I mumbled. She shook her head.

"He doesn't hate you, he hates that you are here because he thinks you'll abandon us as well. His words not mine." I gave a soft laugh at that.

"Well mum and dads 'true love' didn't last that long." Miss Peregrine looked at me confused. "When I was four, my parents split up and to this day I still have no idea why."

"I'm sorry." I shook my head.

"No need to be. I had a feeling it wouldn't last. When I was younger, I'd never see them holding hands in public, if anything my father would avoid contact with my mum. And you wanna know something?" I smiled, leaning into the table.

"What?" Miss Peregrine asked, wiping away the tear and pressing her elbows onto the table, resting her chin in her hands.

"Do you know what the A in my nickname MAC stands for?" She shook her head.

"I know your first name and surname, but Samuel never told me your middle name. What is it?" She asked.

"It's Alma." I replied softly. Miss Peregrine's curious expressions turned into a smile that was planted on her lips.

"Alma?" She whispered. I nodded.

"As in you. Macy is for my aunt who passed away when my dad was four. Alma is for you, Alma Peregrine, the woman my father never got over. Even in his stories, he spoke about you with such love I'd never seen when he looked at or talked about mum." She looked down, as I finished the last of my hot chocolate.

"Thank you for telling me that. I think it just made my day."

"Well considering your loving the same day over and over again, I'd say that's a win." We both laughed and stood up from the table.

"You should get to bed. See you in the morning bright and early." Miss Peregrine flashed her usual happy smile and lightly pushed me towards the door.

"Goodnight Miss Peregrine."

"Goodnight Macy."