3 ~ The Meeting

"Miss Peregrine, who's this?" Asked a girl with red hair. Olive.

"This is Macy Collins, Macy, I'm sure your fathers told you about Olive, Emma, Enoch and this is Jake, he's our newest addition." I smiled and waved to everyone, but they just stared at me...well except for Jake. He waved.

"Macy Collins as in Samuel Collins?" Enoch asked, sounding a little irritated.

"Yeah he's my dad." I replied. Emma stepped forward and held out her hand.

"It's nice to meet you. Your dad was a vary good friend of mine." I stood up and shook her hand. A loud sigh escaped Enoch's mouth and everyone turned to him.

"Enoch, be nice." Olive asked politely.

"Why, her father was a traitor." The sound of something breaking echoed through the room and I turned my head to see a glass that was on the bench, broken and glass was lying in a small pile. Well at least my mind had the decency to leave it in a small pile.

"Sorry." I muttered to Miss Peregrine.

"You did that?" Jake asked. I nodded my head. "That was cool."

"I can move things with my mind."

"My powers way cooler." Enoch remarked.

"I'd rather not bring dead things to life." I stated, smirking.

"Well at least I have control over my power."

"No, I'm just allergic to bull-"

"Hey Macy what version is your phone?" Jake asked, before I could swear. I looked down at my iPhone.

"Uh, 6s." I replied.

"6s?" He asked.

"Yeah, so far they've come out with 6s, 6 plus and soon to be released is iPhone 7,8,9 and X." I stated.

"How long have I been here?" He asked.

"When did you leave?"

"Sometime in 2016."

"It's only 2017. Early April." I replied.

"Either way, your phone won't work here, I've tried." I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna have to endure it." They all laughed except for Enoch who just glared at me, and I looked at my watch, except it wasn't working.

"What's the time?" I asked Miss Peregrine, who quickly whipped out her watch.

"Ten past three." She replied, with a smile on her face.

"Will you be staying for supper?" Emma asked. I shrugged.

"I just ate fish fingers. Plus I don't want to stay out too late." I stated.

"Suppers at five thirty." Everyone spoke at once. I shrugged.

"I can't. I'm sorry, but I should get going. I have some homework to hand in, since I'm missing a lot of school." I replied.

"Well, I'll walk you out." Miss Peregrine stated, as she placed a hand on my back and lead me out of the dining room. The four said their goodbyes, Enoch seemed to be most happy. On the way, I met all the other children; Claire and Bronwyn, Fiona, Hugh, Horace, and Millard. They were all really nice and I loved Claire and Bronwyn, they were the most adorable girls in the world.

"What did dad mean when he wrote 'it wasn't her fault'?" I asked, as Miss Peregrine and I walked to the portal.

"When you were first born, Samuel had a picture taken of the two of you. He wrote to me and sent me that picture." Why was she avoiding the question? Maybe I shouldn't push it.

"Doesn't it get boring, just reliving the same day over and over again?" I asked. Miss Peregrine shook her head.

"No, we may relive the same day over and over again, but something new always makes us laugh." We reached the loop back to my timeline and Miss Peregrine turned to me.

"Will you be visiting again soon?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah I'll be back tomorrow, I guess." She smiled and gave me a small hug.

"That's wonderful to hear, and you can't deny but you'll have supper with us tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay."