12 ~ Smoke And Gunfire

Don't forget that Daniel Gillies is Caul/Jack

I left the loop just after lunch and walked back to my dads house, well aware that I would be leaving after tomorrow. Miss peregrine told me to be safe and let her know if I'd seen Caul around.
I reluctantly opened the door, announcing that I was home.

"Sorry I was away for so long, I had to clear my-" I stopped and looked around the room, seeing everything broken and smashed. The place looked like it had been turned upside down. I ran through the house trying to find mum and found her in the study.

"Mum!" I cried, running over to her. She was sprawled out in the ground and blood was pouring from her side. She opened her eyes and gasped for air.

"Shh don't try to speak. Save your energy."

"Caul *gasp* Picture on *gasp* the counter *gasp* found it *gasp* tried to kill me *gasp* he wanted *gasp* to know about *gasp* the loop..."

"What did you say!?" I asked, trying not to cry.

"I'm sorry *gasp* he threatened to hurt you *gasp* I told him all I know *gasp* he's on his way there now..."

"How did you know where it was in the first place?"

"Stole one *gasp* of your fathers letters *gasp* I'm sorry I lied *gasp* I had to protect you *gasp* didn't want you to be disappointed in me *gasp* you know about Sam and Alma?" I nodded.

"But that's not important. Mum hold on, I'm calling the 111." ( in New Zealand its 111 for an emergency calls so I'm using that.) I picked up her phone that was by the door and dialled 111.

"Yeah I need paramedics to 225 fawn lane please." I tried to keep my cool but ending up starting to cry. (Not an actual place I'm pretty sure oh well.)

"Miss please stay calm and stay where you are."

"Macy *gasp* go *gasp* they need you."

"Miss are you still there?"

"I'm not leaving you!"

"Macy *gasp* you need to save them *gasp* you're the only one *gasp* who knows his weaknesses. *gasp* save them. My time has come." I shook my head.

"Miss are you still there? The paramedics are on their way to you now."

"Macy go." I put her phone down, kissed the top of her head and bolted out the door after grabbing my cardigan. I ran through the loop and over to the house, where I didn't even knock, I just opened the door and ran through to the parlour.

"Ah, miss Collins. Lovely of you to join us." Caul stood behind Miss Peregrine who was sitting on a chair, a patient look in her face. I looked over to the corner where the couches were pushed together and everyone sat.

"No one needs to get hurt." I said calmly, placing my hands in front of me.

"Well considering I murdered your father, I'd say someone got hurt." Caul stalked closer and closer to me.