13 ~ Over And Over

Before I knew what was happening, Caul elbowed Enoch in the jaw and he fell to the ground knocked out. It was like everything was in slow motion- Jake fired a crossbow but Caul moved too quickly, but I could move pretty quick as well. He rushed forward and attempted to tackle Miss Peregrine, but I stepping in front of her and using my peculiarity and all my strength, I pushed him through the wall. Enoch slowly got up and I helped him.

"We gotta get out of here." I stated, looking around. I held out my hand in front of me and rebuilt the wall so that we'd have more time to think of something. Emma and Jake rushed over to us.

"Window?" Enoch suggested. I nodded, dashing over and opening it. I made sure that everyone was out before I tried to get out, but Caul snuck up on me and pushed me away from the window, closing it and locking it.

"Now let's get this finished." I stood up and took a deep breath.

"You murdered my family in cold blood. Over what? A stupid dream to be immortal? How dumb are you!" I cried, watching him walk closer to me. When he was no more than a metre away, I put up a shield and he tried desperately to get through it but it was no use. As long as I kept focused and stayed alive, my shield was bulletproof. Or so I thought. Caul pulled out a gun... Oh what a surprise!

"You know, this is the exact gun I used to kill your dad. Say hi to him for me?" He smiled wickedly before pulling the trigger. I felt a rippling pain go through my stomach and I looked down to see my hand covered in blood. My own blood. My shield failed and I fell to the ground, pushing all the air from my lungs. I could hear the screams from the people who cared about me, but it sounded so far away...

"No hold it together Macy! Macy stay awake!" Emma screamed inside my mind. Everyone's thoughts were buzzing around my mind, it made it hurt more than my wound. I slowly got up off the ground and pressed my hand tightly to my stomach.

"I'm getting real tired of your crap Caul." I spat weakly. He just chuckled. I rolled my eyes and waved my hand which made him fly into the wall. "You know I have half the mind to keep you alive because I actually care about the fact that you're Miss Peregrine's brother. But come near my family again and I'll kill you dead." I warned, as I unlocked the window and everyone rushed in. Emma steadied me by wrapping her arms around my shoulders, sort of like an awkward embrace. Caul got up with the gun still in his hand and attempted to shoot Jake, but I deflected the bullet and squeezed my hands, a manoeuvre that made him drop the gun and drop to his knees, as I squeezed all the air from his lungs. All the while Miss Peregrine was looking away. I stopped just before he passed out, too weak to do anything.

"What do we do with him?" Enoch asked.

"He won't stop trying to come after us even if we flee." I whispered, feeling light headed. Jake had passed me his plaid over shirt and I had placed it over my wound, but it wasn't seeming to work. Blood dripped onto the floor and I mentally apologised to the ymbryne.

"Children look away." Miss Peregrine sniffled, and we all turned away. I sneakily got into Miss Peregrine's mind to see what she was doing. She picked up the gun from the floor and looked into her brothers eyes.

"Alma don't do this." Caul whispered.

"You had your chance, but threw it away when you killed Sam." She spat. "We gave you a chance to flee, but you've given me no choice." The loud echo of the gunshot rippled through the quiet house and we all jumped at the loud crackle. Tears pooled from my eyes, as I slowly got closer to the ground. I didn't sit, as far as I was concerned, I fell, only I couldn't feel anything and the voices that screamed my name got farther and farther away.

-

Macy slipped from Emma's grip and fell to the ground. Everyone, including Enoch cried her name, as she didn't respond- the blood pooling around her.

"Quick, we need to stop the bleeding." Miss Peregrine cried.

"How do we do that?" Jake asked and Enoch thought of something. He told Jake to keep pressure on her wound and he dashed out of the house at full speed to get to his destination. Jake grabbed his flannel shirt and pressed it to Macy's wound, while Miss Peregrine gently placed the girls head in her lap.

"Emma go and find Olive and the children. Take them upstairs and don't bring them down until I tell you." Emma nodded and left, Enoch returning just after ten minutes with two people running behind him.

"Miss Peregrine, I'd like you to meet Adam Quick and his son William." Enoch announced quickly, as the males walked into the room.

"That's Sam's girl?" Adam exclaimed, as he ran over to her.

"Who are you?" Miss Peregrine asked, frowning.

"I'm Adam Quick, I was best friends with Samuel Collins. My son and I are peculiars- we don't have time for this, my goddaughter is bleeding out on the floor!" He cried. "Will do your magic, boy." William nodded and sat down next to Macy, calmly placing his hands over her wound. Macy opened her eyes and weakly smiled.

"Will." She croaked out. He smiled back, as her wound began to slowly heal.

"Hey Mace, you're gonna be fine don't worry." Will promised. Macy closed her eyes and fell back into unconsciousness.

"Macy!?" Miss Peregrine cried.

"She's fine, I can feel her heartbeat. It's steady and she just needs to rest. Macy will be up in a few hours." Will explained.

"So you're peculiarity is what exactly?" Enoch asked, crossing his arms, but not in a rude way. He was intrigued to know, seeing this boys peculiarity close to his.

"I'm able to bring things back to life and treat any wound." He smiled down at the girl in front of him. Will removed his hands from her now healed wound and stood up.

"Is there somewhere we can put her instead of on the floor by her pool of blood?" Miss Peregrine nodded. Adam picked up his goddaughter bridal style while Miss Peregrine showed the way to Macy's bedroom. The children plus Olive and Emma were all in Claire and Bronwyn's room when they saw the mysterious man and the Ymbryne walk towards Macy's room. Claire gasped and ran to the door, opening it wider, but before she could say anything, Emma gently pushed her back inside and closed the door behind her, walking over to the two.

"Miss Peregrine what happened? Will Macy be alright?" She asked. They walked into her room and Adam placed her down on the bed gently.

"Yes Macy will be fine, don't worry about it Emma." Miss Peregrine sighed. Emma looked awkwardly at Adam and William who had just entered the room.

"What are you gonna do about the blood on the floor?" William asked.

"It'll be gone by reset." Miss Peregrine replied.

"And the dead guy in the living room?" Silence. Emma placed a hand on the head mistresses shoulder.

"We can give him a proper burial." She nodded.

"I'm Emma, we haven't met." Emma held out her hand for Adam to shake. She studied his features, tall, mid 30's with short blonde hair and piercing green eyes.

"I'm Adam Quick, this is my son William. We knew Sam really well." Emma smiled sadly. His son looked nothing like him, William had light brown hair with hazel eyes and was probably the same height as Emma, who looked around Macy's age. She shook the young boys hand and miss peregrine cleared her throat.

"She'll wake up soon." William stated, before she could say anything.

"Good."