Robert "Bob" Sheldon

Ring!

The sound of the bell woke me up from my normal nap in the third to last hour of the day; art. We never really did anything in that class anyway. I mean the teacher barely taught! I practically dragged my feet to the hallway. A ton of greasers often harassed me. For example, Two-Bit Mathews spends his free time cracking jokes to his friends about me to make me feel embarrassed. I rushed through the halls and to my algebra class. I was too late.

"Lookie Dally, it's Heather" Two-Bit's voice laughed.

"Lookie greaser, I'm busy" I fake smiled and turned to my class.

"Hey, you're not gonna catch no attitude with us, you hear?" Dallas Winston threatened with a grip so tight on my arm it almost went numb.

"Hey, leave the girl alone" a voice commanded. I turned around to see my brother's best friend Bob.

"Ooh, Miss Soc got herself a bodyguard 'cause she can't take care of herself" Dallas teased. I glared at him.

Two-Bit just laughed at his remark. "Relax man, we were just messin' around" he laughed.

"Well stop messin' around with her, savvy?" Bob growled.

The two greasers chuckled to themselves, shrugged, and walked away as nothing happened. "Thanks Bob" I smiled.

"No problem Heather. You gotta stop letting them mess with you like that. They're not gonna stop unless you make them" he said raising his eyebrows in concern.

"But Bob-" I started. He furrowed his eyesbrows, waiting for me to finish. "I can't fight. I can't defend myself. I'm not strong enough" I said, looking down in embarrassment.

"Why didn't you ever ask Randy? He could help you and stuff. Isn't that what brothers are for?"

"I dunno. It's just...embarrassing."

"Well how about you stop by my place after school and I can train you? Sound good?" he smiled. I smiled and nodded. "Now get to class, school's not over yet." I giggled and got in my class right before the tardy bell.

The next two classes went by fairly fast but I wasn't complaining. Finally, the dismissal bell rang and crowds of anxious teenagers filled the halls. Once outside, I met up with my brother and Bob. "So I heard you're going to Bob's. Any particular reason why?" Randy asked.

"You can chill out. I'm just teaching her how to def-" Bob started but I cleared my throat, signaling that I still didn't want to tell Randy I couldn't fight. Randy furrowed his eyebrows.

"You're what?" he asked.

"I'm teaching her how to define words in the dictionary fast. You know, to save time on finals and stuff. I know you could use some work on that too" Bob laughed, nudging my brother.

Randy chuckled and shook his head. "Well you two have fun with that. I'll be home if you need me. Oh and Bob!" Randy called. "Make sure heather stays out of trouble."

We chuckled and headed towards Bob's car. After about a 15 minute drive we arrived at his place. We walked inside, waved to his parents (who payed him little to no mind) and starting up the stairs for his room. "Sure you wanna work out in those clothes?" he laughed, gesturing to my outfit. I was wearing a plaid skirt that reached my knees, dressy shoes, and a knit sweater that covered my torso. Normally around the house I don't dress like this but my parents want me to look decent at school.

"I have some extra shorts in my bag for after school but I don't have a top. Mind if I steal one of yours for the day?" I asked. He shrugged and shifted through the drawers.