Chapter 21 - First Date

I was stood in my childhood bedroom, in my closet searching for something to wear. Elijah told me to dress fancy, which just made me panic slightly. I was throwing clothes over my shoulder deciding that I hated all of my clothes and that I had nothing to wear. I beg Elijah to just let me wear sweats but he refused and sent me upstairs to get ready. I was getting frustrated and flustered, then my eyes fall upon a deep red lace dress, that was off the shoulder and fell to just above my knee. I squeal excitedly as I grab the dress and put it on. I go over to my mirror to see how it looked. I smile happily at my choice and do a little spin. there was a small knock on the door before my mum came into my room.
"do you think this is ok?" I asked tugging at the dress like a child.
"you look beautiful" She smiles. "sit, I'll do your hair," She says and I sit at my vanity. I had already done my makeup, I was going to do my hair once I found a dress to wear. "I'm glad you're happy," My mum says as she brushes the tangles out of my hair
"I am" I smile
"Elijah is a great guy. both your father and I approve" She tells me. "I know he will protect you and love you" My mum blabbers on. I zone out, thinking about where Elijah is taking me.
"done," My mother says snapping me out of my trance. I look in the mirror and was pleasantly surprised. She had done some fishtail braids on either side of my head and brought them into a fishtail braid going down the back of my head. She left most of my hair down, to give me a half up, half down hairstyle.
"thanks" I smile. she smiles and leaves me to finish getting ready. I now had to decide on a pair of shoes. I go back into my closet and sigh at the huge collection of shoes I had. I thought I was going to be here a while until I found a pair of black heels, with a little strap to go around my ankle. I put them and grab a clutch. I also put in a pair of silver earrings. Giving myself one more look in the mirror I head downstairs. Elijah was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs and when he saw me his jaw dropped and eyes widened making me chuckle.
"You look beautiful," He says and I smile up at him
"thank you. you also look handsome" I say adjusting his wonky tie.
"shall we get going?" He asks and I nod eagerly.
"let me just grab my coat," I say. I pick out a plain black coat and pull it on before heading back over to Elijah who was waiting patiently by the front door. "let's go" I say and we leave. "Arthur?" I say when I see him waiting by the car.
"evening Jade" he smiles and he opens the car door. Elijah slides in first and I slide in after him.
"I called him. I wanted to have a chauffeur not be the chauffeur" Elijah tells me

Arthur parks the car and Elijah quickly says something to him before coming over to my car door and opening it for me. I step out of the car, he smiles and takes my hand in his. We then walk towards a restaurant, a very posh, fancy restaurant, one I have never eaten in. We get seated at a table and Elijah just takes control. He orders me a drink and a meal not even asking what I wanted
"how do you know I will like that?" I ask raising my eyebrows
"you will" he says "everything in here are tiny dishes that taste shit. I ordered the best ones" He explains. I look at him unsure but I trusted him so didn't argue.
"you know I don't like wine," I tell him when the bottle arrives at the table.
"you'll like this one," He says confidently and pours me a glass. He hands me the glass and I look at the glass then at Elijah before I take a sip. He waits anxiously as I place the glass back on the table keeping my face a straight as possible
"I like it" I eventually say smiling and he lets out a sigh of relief. Our food arrives and we eat it happily chatting away. I had no idea what I was eating all I knew was that it tasted nice. We finish our meal and Elijah happily paid for it even though I nagged him to let me pay for half of it. He, of course, refused to let me. When we leave the restaurant it was pouring with rain.
"I told Arthur to go home. I didn't think it would rain" Elijah grumbled. I smile widely and grab his arm and drag him out onto the street. I throw my arms out and spin around throwing my head back, letting the rain fall on my face. Elijah giggles, he lefts me up and spins me around. He sets me down and we skip through the streets until we get back to his apartment.

"thanks for this evening," I say as we stumble into his apartment, both of us shivering and soaking wet.
"our first date" He smirks and I roll my eyes. I head to his room throwing my wet clothes off and onto his floor. I grab one of his shirts, throwing it on and rolling up the sleeves. I also button it up and head back out to Elijah. Elijah was making us some hot drinks. He quickly runs into his room and changes himself. He comes back out and leans against his kitchen side. He was smiling as he stared at me, my cheeks turning pink. He leans forward reaching for my hands, I step forward so I was between his legs. His hands move around my waist and pulling me in closer to him.