Chapter 23 - Ditched

I wake up before Elijah, in fact, I never went to sleep. I crawl out of bed and head into the kitchen. Nothing looked appetising so I sit on the sofa and switch on the television. I sit there wide-eyed when Nick appeared on the news.
"Shit," I say "shit, shit, shit," I say.
"What's wrong?" Elijah says making me jump.
"I don't know how but they linked Nick to The Raven," I say throwing the controller down.
"Can they connect you to her?" Elijah asks sitting down next to me. "Jade?" He asks when I don't answer
"I don't know. Maybe." I say. "It doesn't matter if the police find out, or my parents or the public it's the mafia I'm worried about. If they track me down before I can be the Raven they will just kill everyone I love and then me." I say
"So be The Raven and do it soon," Elijah says
"Tonight," I say standing up.
"I'm coming," Elijah says
"No, you're not," I say
"Jade I can't let you go out there alone," he says
"And I can't let you be caught with me. Please, Elijah just let me deal with them alone." I beg him
"I don't want to lose you Jade can't you understand that?" He says
"And I don't want to lose you. Trust me Elijah I'll be fine" I tell him
"Fine? You barely survived them last time" he says brushing his thumb over my cheek. I move my face away from his touch
"I don't want to argue with you especially not today," I say avoiding eye contact
"Fine" Elijah says. He places his finger on my chin and turns my head toward him so he could kiss me.
"I'll be at the factory sorting all this fashion show out. Do you mind running some errands for me?" I ask him
"Yeah sure," he says.

~Elijah's Point Of View~
"Jade, what are you doing here?" Sarah asks jade when we arrive at the factory.
"It's my factory?" She says sitting down. I hold back the erg to smirk.
"Right," Sarah says. Jade had gone into work mode.
"I want to check my factory," Jade says standing up and leaving the room. "That stitch isn't straight" jade mumbles to one lady. "Not in the middle" she points to a dress. "Move let me show you" I hear her say. She sits down and shows her employee how to do it correctly.
"Sarah, what is with these workers?" Jade asks
"You hired them yourself," Sarah says looking confused
"Yes because of their experience and skills. But they don't live up to my expectations" she says.
"I'll rerun the course," Sarah says writing it down on her clipboard. We enter a supply room that seemed as big as my apartment.
"We are short on supplies" jade points out
"They are at the post office waiting to be collected," Sarah says
"Perfect. Elijah can collect them" Jade says.
"Ok. Elijah here are the keys to the truck. You just sign for them and make sure to be delicate. If anything is out of place or broken jade will have my head" Sarah says as jade marches onwards.
"Don't worry I'll be careful" I say taking the keys from her hand. I drive to the post office and load up all the supplies. I filled the whole truck and still had to make a second trip. Once I unloaded the boxes into the factory I headed back to the post office to collect the last of the boxes.
"You're back," Jade says coming over and I nod. "Could you put all the boxes into the storage office and when your done could you find Greg and get him to help you put it all away. Thanks" she says and she pecks me on the cheek and hurries off before I could answer. I find Sarah and return the keys.
"Where will I find Greg?" I ask her
"He will be in the storage room somewhere," Sarah says, she also hurry's off. I sigh and start taking boxes to the storage room. Then some guy comes over and starts shouting at me.
"What the hell are you doing?" He shouts
"Greg? I assume?" I say
"Yeah. Who the hell are you?" He asks
"Elijah. Jade sent me to help you put this away" I say nodding to the boxes
"Oh ok well then welcome to the storage room," Greg says suddenly becoming nicer. He starts ordering me around, I hated being told what to do. Unless it was Jade, she had me wrapped around her finger and she didn't even know it.
"Ok big boy we are done," Greg says
"Don't call me that" I say and I leave the room. I look down at my phone the time across the top said 11 pm.
"What the hell," I say and I head to the quality control room. "Sarah where's Jade?" I ask her when I go in the room and see no sign of Jade anywhere. Sarah was the only one in the room.
"She left two hours ago," Sarah tells me and I run out of the room and down to the parking lot.
"Jade" I grumble under my breath. She had taken the car. I knew what she was doing. She had me run errands all day so she could slip away. She took my car so I couldn't follow after her. I started to run to Tommy's.
"Tommy where is she?" I ask barging into his apartment.
"She left 20 minutes ago," Tommy says
"You in her ear?" I ask and he nods handing me his headset
"Jade?" I say
"Elijah," she says. I could tell by the tone of her voice that she felt guilty.
"Why did you ditch me?" I ask
"Because I knew you would try persuading me to not go out tonight," she says
"Damn right. Jade, please come back" I beg her.
"It's too late Elijah. I love you" she says and the line went dead all I could hear on the other side was a buzzing sound.
"She took the earpiece out," I tell Tommy throwing his headset on the floor.
"It's fine her trackers are still working. Oh wait nope she just disconnected them" Tommy says.
"Get up her last known location. Pull street cameras up find her" I order him. Tommy doesn't say anything he just does it.
"There," Tommy says pointing to the screen "that was 5 minutes ago"
"Follow her find out where she went," Elijah says
"Ok, this is live. That's jade now" Tommy says
"Where is that?" I ask
"I don't know. All I can see is it's some building somewhere" Tommy says
"Are there cameras inside?" I ask
"Yes But they are part of the Mafia. If they find out I hacked them" Tommy begins but I cut him off
"Do it" I say impatiently. I stare at the screen when I saw Jade stood in the middle of the building. Then a group of men surrounded her.
"Why isn't she fighting?" Tommy says when the men move in on her
"She has a plan," I say
"What plan is that, dying?" Tommy say
"I fucking hope not" I growl.
"Do you think they will kill her there?" Tommy asks
"I doubt it," I say. "See," I say pointing at the screen. The men had placed a taser against her neck and she was out cold. I watched them carry her out. Tommy followed them for as far as the cameras allowed him.
"That's it she's gone," I say.
"Then find her. Elijah, I may or may not have looked into you. I know what you're capable of so stop fucking moaning and whining and go find her" Tommy practically screams at me. I head to the door
"Wait, change first. Disguise yourself" Tommy says and I go into his room and changed. Tommy hands me an earpiece and I leave.