Vanoss

"I'm not ready... I'm not ready..." You hear a small voice come from inside Evan's office and chuckle quietly. "I'm gonna embarrass myself.... I'm gonna embarrass myself...." There's a tiny gasp. "I'm totally going to say something stupid and then their parents will hate me and then if I were ever to propose, the marriage won't be blessed and (Y/N) will leave me because of it and-" You decide to open the door at that moment so Evan doesn't give himself a heart attack on his own. You scratch the idea of him giving himself a heart attack as he leaps at least five feet into the air, screaming like a preschooler.

You try to hold yourself back but fail and burst into a fit of laughter, clutching your stomach. Evan blushes, looking like a tomato as he runs a hand through his raven colored hair. He laughs a little too, your giggles a bit too contagious. "H-How much of that did you hear?" He asks.

"I don't know, how far along were you when you started to say you weren't ready?" You ask, calming down. He blushes harder and you shake your head at him, grabbing his waist and pulling him into you. "I don't know why you're freaking out so bad. You'll do fine. And I'll be there for you just in case you decide to become the Titanic and head straight toward an iceberg."

He smiles at you and you can't help but return one. "Thank you." He mumbles, leaning down the two inches height difference to connect his lips to yours. You feel butterflies erupt low in your belly and your fingers tingle. You still get that feeling even after dating him for a year.

Evan's phone rings and he breaks the kiss, eliciting a groan of annoyance from you. He picks it up and shows you it's the alarm he set. "We have to leave now if we want to catch our flight." He breaths, looking somewhat pale. You peck his cheek and grab his hand and your shared suitcase. You both put on light jackets and a pair of shoes before heading out to your car.

●●○○●●

When you get off the plane, everyone is there. Your mom and your dad's side of the family, both there in all their entirety. You were surprised. Evan was too, you could tell by the way his grip tightened on your hand. You glance back at him to see his face flushed, he catches your eyes and you give him a small reassuring smile.

"(Y/N)! Oh honey it's been forever!" Your mom wraps you up in a sudden tight hug, her perfume coating you in a cloud of home. Evan's hand leaves yours reluctantly. You hear her gasp and you pull away to see her staring at Evan. "Evan Fong, even more handsome than I thought!" She smiles and pulls him into a hug too. He smiles a little and hugs her back. They part and your dad grabs his shoulder.

"Heard you play hockey? Tell me about that, son." And just like that, they're gone and walking toward the car. The rest of your family crowds you and asks you about college and how that's coming along. The grandparents ask about kids, aunts are asking about your sex life, uncles are wondering what new restaurants you've been to, cousins are asking how you got someone like him, and you're asking why you're getting so many questions.

Finally, after an agonisingly slow shuffle toward the main doors, you get out of the airport and join your dad and Evan in the car, your mom sitting in back with you.

●●○○●●

When you pull up to your house you notice Evan staring out the passenger window in awe. You're parents moved to live in the countryside outside of Minneapolis, Minnesota when you left for college. Your home is surrounded with trees and hills. You have a cabin on a lake, not big but not small either. It has four bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. There's a two car garage connected to the house too. You pull into it and your dad shuts off the car. You all get out and you head around to the back of the car to grab your suitcase from the trunk.

Evan comes around too and grabs you hips, keeping you behind the car and out of your parent's sight. He hovers his lips above your neck teasingly before he quickly kisses the side of your head, taking the suitcase from you and following your dad who's calling for him. "Fucking tease," You mutter under your breath.