Ohmwrecker

"A-Are you sure you want to do this?" Ryan tugs on the sleeves of your giant hoodie. You stop setting up the recording software for your T.V. and look back at him. He's looking at the floor and fidgeting with the outfit you gave him.

"Hey, you don't have to do this if it's making you uncomfortable." You leave the T.V. alone and walk over to him, crouching down in front of him. He shakes his head.

"I wouldn't do that to you. It's just, you don't think people will get pissed?" You smile at his nervousness.

"Why? They have no reason to be. Let's just have fun playing Injustice." You ruffle his hair, much to his disapproval, and gently take the bandana out of his hands. You tie it around the lower half of head before flipping up the hood.

"I feel stupid." He mutters, the bandana fluttering with his breath. You laugh, fixing the bunny ears on the hood. It was your cosplay from years ago, you made sure to size-up when you bought the hoodie so you could wear it longer because it's really, really soft. Turns out, it's just his size.

"You're the one who wants to remain a masked gamer so I'd deal with it." He groans. You snicker at him and he lifts the bandana to stick his tongue out at you. You shake your head at him and continue to set up everything.

When you finish, you start recording and grab your two headsets. You hand one to Ryan and put yours on. He grabs his controller and nods. You start your intro up.

"What's up guys, it's your absolute favorite YouTuber, (C/N), here." You hear Ryan scoff and you continue with a laugh in your voice. "I am back with another Couch Competition!" You do jazz hands with a huge smile. "You guys really seem to like this so I'll keep it going, though it won't be uploaded often as most of you know why. But if you don't know what Couch Competition is, it's a little series I have going on where whenever my friends come over, for any reason at all, an example would be for PAX East when it's in town, we sit down on my couch and kick each other's asses in Injustice 2." You pretend to be out of breath, you catch it before speaking again. "Now, I've had people come on multiple times, like CaRtOoNz, but this time I have someone who's never played in the Couch Competition! Everyone please welcome, Ohmwrecker!" You make quiet cheering noise while he gives a shy wave.

"Uh... hi." He says quietly. You giggle at him.

"Yep," You wrap your arm tightly around his neck. "Mr. Wrecker here is my next door neighbor. Finally, after many episodes of Couch Competition, he actually offered to be in one." He laughs, messing with his hood.

"Shut up." He mutters, shrugging you off. You smile and start up the game.

"Oh! Before anything else, I want you guys to be respectable people. I don't want millions of comments asking for Ohm to do a face reveal or for him to be in all of my videos. He's his own person, he can do as he pleases, and he has other friends."

"Exactly!" Ryan chimes in. "I wouldn't be Ohmwrecker/Masked Gamer anymore. I'd just be Ohm... that one guy who plays video games on YouTube like everyone else."

"He wouldn't be himself!" You say before quickly and quietly adding, "And I wouldn't be his friend anymore."

"Hey!" He elbows you and you let out a chuckle. "You wouldn't."

"You're right, I already know what you look like and I love you just the same."

"Yeah. Wait, what?" His head snaps in your direction and you look at him weirdly.

"What?"

"Nothing. Thought you said something different. What's the first round gonna be?" He looks back at the screen.