Buzz

When Jacksons lips meet yours, you feel yourself take off. His mouth fits against yours almost perfectly. It's like air. You need more.

But the moment is fleeting, for as soon as the moment began, it ends and you are pulled back to earth.

Buzzzzz.

Your phone.

Jackson's lips hover against yours, just touching, on the verge of locking. You feel his breath fan your face and you dare to open your eyes. Sure enough, he's looking down at you, desire unhidden in his eyes.

Intuition.

That's what you call the feeling. The feeling of knowing who is trying to contact you.

Your best friend. Or whatever he is now.

Your hands had found their way to Jackson's broad shoulders and without taking your eyes off his, you reach for your phone in your back pocket.

Only when you've raised it, do you look away. Down at the phone.

Yugyeom: Where r u?

Hurriedly you type a message back with one hand, the other firmly planted on Jackson's shoulder with no intention of moving.

You look back up but he's looking down at the phone.

"It's my mum." Lying, you curse yourself for being foolish but you can't let this moment go.

Satisfied Jackson's eyes meet yours again and a playful spark ignites within them.

He suddenly spins you round, pressing you against the cold surface of the van. "Now. Where were we?"

A foreign feeling overcomes you and your lips twitch. You pull him closer and right before your lips meet you say "Right. About. Here." With that final word, your lips meet his for the second time but it feels like the thousandth. He feels so familiar yet an adventure at the same time.

Your hands creep up Jackson's neck and push the flat-cap of his head, bunching your hands in his hair. A growl reverberates in his chest and the kiss becomes deeper. You're unsure who initiated it but don't care.

A car door slams somewhere around the van, jolting you back to your senses. Your lips still.

Yugyeom.

He's looking for you.

Buzzz.

Another phone but this time Jackson's. Pressing a final hasty kiss to your lips, he reaches into his pocket and turns away, taking the phone call.

"Yes, hyung...? She felt car sick so we went to the park to walk... We'll be right up." He leaves no clue as to who is on the other end of the line and you don't particularly care as you know it's not Yugyeom.

Turning back to you, Jackson pockets his phone and reaches for your hand. As if on instinct your hand meets his halfway and your fingers intertwine naturally.

"They want us inside?" You ask, already knowing the answer. You don't want the moment to end. The perfect bubble that surrounds you and Jackson when you're together is about to be popped. That makes you sad.

Jackson nods and pulls you from behind the van.

Walking across the car park in silence and down the street to the car park, you can't shake the guilt filling your bones. Yugyeom's face flits into your mind. 

He's your best friend. He's the misunderstood joker. Both make your heart flutter.

Both make you forget your problems and just let you be.