Sandy Toes

The beach laid out before you, shines golden in the midday light. Capering down the beach are seven happy boys-turned-men. You wander behind them, after the crew, watching them run in the sun. 

The director shouts something and the crew disassembles and scatters into their different station. A path is cleared in front of me and a man runs towards you. You're unable to identify him due to the sun shining behind him but Yugyeom emerges, his trousers rolled up from paddling.

"What do you think?" He asks breathlessly.

"You sure are amazing at what you do," you reply honestly and a smile rivalling the sun shines on his face. 

"Kim Yugyeom! Who is this?" You turn to see the thirty-something years old director striding towards you. Yugyeom introduces you and it doesn't escape you how he takes a step closer to your side. The director looks you up and down, nodding when he finishes his appraisal. "I like her. Lets use her." Then he calls behind him. "Someone put some makeup on this girl and brush her hair!"

Without another word, he walks away and you turn back to Yugyeom. "Um, what just happened?"

The goofy grin on your best friend's face is almost puppy-like. "You've," he leans in and taps your nose, "just been cast in a music video." 

Your heart stops and you can't find the words to tell Yugyeom what is running through your head. He stands in front of you, looking adorably hopeful and any chance that you might of had to speak disappears.

"I'll go and tell the others," he says before turning back and walking to where BamBam is getting a touch up.

A hand touches your arm and you jump. A petite girl stands to the side of you, smiling encouragingly. You've seen her before. Then it comes to you. She's the head make-up artist.

You follow her over to a quiet corner while she cakes your face in products and runs a brush through your hair. Meanwhile you stand placidly, thinking. A music video. This shouldn't be such a big deal but you can't help feeling insecure.

"Excuse me?" The girl whispers in front of you. You look to meet her eyes and find them bright. Her enthusiasm is almost contagious and her smile reminds you of Youngjae's. "Don't be nervous."

You let out a ragged breath; shocked that this stranger can read you so well. "Sorry. I'm just... um sorry."

"You don't have to sorry but i need to put some colour on your lips which you're currently chewing like a gummy snake," she says and you release the lip you'd been chewing without knowing. A nervous trait. "Good. Now smile." So you do. "There we go. You look perfect!"

At her words, you're led away from her but another crew member and the next few minutes pass by in a blur of instructions and hair-fixing. 

"All you need to do is play around with each other boys and we'll try to get some good shots before we take a group one, ok?"

That's all they say before leading you over to where Jinyoung stands by the sea. The waves crash and you look around to see the other men in makeup. No sign of Yugyeom. You turn back to Jinyoung who repeats the make-up artist's words.

"Don't be nervous," he says, smiling and reaching for your hand. "Just pretend you're in love with me."

You can't help the laugh that escapes you before the music starts. Jinyoung pulls you to him and you try to meet his eyes without giggling, failing miserably but ever the professional, he takes your chin and tilts your head to his.

A face flashes in your mind and you struggle to identify it before it's gone and you're slow-dancing on a beach with Park Jinyoung (the young one). He distracts you by teasing you and his eyes become captivating.