Three In a Bed

"Gyeom, they're fighting... a-again." You sob into the phone, cursing yourself for calling him but not knowing what else to do. Yugyeom is your childhood friend but moved away when he hit it big, leaving you in the small town, with a wreck of a family.

"Breathe. Come to us." His soothing voice echoed down the line and you cried harder at the kindness in his voice.

"I-I can't just do that. What about the other guys?" You will not be pitied and so reliant on others. You've had to stand strong all on your own, these past three years. With Yugyeom gone and no one in your small town daring to look you in the eye, you've had no choice. You don't resent Gyeom for leaving, it was the right thing. But you wish things were different.

"They love you and care. Come to us." Yugyeom says again, his voice even.

You don't say anything for a few moments.

"Please. Come and stay with us and we'll work things out." He speaks when your silence reaches him.

You're left with no other options.

"O-Okay." And with that Yugyeom give you the address he's staying at and you agree to come, reassuring him that you won't go home. As if you could.

So you stop walking through the dark streets and turn in the direction of the hotel.

You're walking through the park opposite when you here a noise. Someone's angry.

It's in your nature to help others in need so you turn in the direction of the noise.

Up ahead is a boy. No. A man. His broad shoulders, facing away from you tell you that much. The baseball cap on his head shields is face and keeps you from figuring out his identity. You approach quietly. He's chucking a tennis ball at a tree with considerable force and you almost take a step back at the brash words coming from his mouth. As you get closer, you recognise the voice.

"Jackson?" He freezes at the sound of your voice and you walk closer to him. His chest heaves and you tentatively place a hand on his shoulder, a reminder that you're there if he needs you.

Slowly, he turns and you see the pain on his face.  You don't want to overstep your boundaries with him so you ask softly, "What's wrong?".

There's no point asking if he's ok because he is obviously not. You don't expect him to answer so when he does, it comes at a shock how ragged his voice is and how desperate he sounds.

"I don't know who I am."

Surprise hits you like a bus as you think of Jackson; confident, cocky Jackson feeling so lost.

He continues speaking, as if he can't stop.

"I want to be myself but some people don't want that. I want to be a good member of GOT7 but people want me to be myself. In this whole four years i've lost myself. I want to be taken seriously but nothing is working." He looks so upset and given up.

You lace your arms behind his back and step into him, his body tensing with surprise before softening as he accepts and pulls you closer. You stand there, embracing Jackson for god only knows how long. He buries his head in your neck and sighs, mumbling something incoherently.

He pulls away, looking anywhere but you. When his eyes come to rest on your face, Jackson's features soften.

"Why are you here?" He asks, not meanly.

You're about to brush it off when you think that his honesty deserves honesty back.

"Things are getting out of hand at home and I didn't know where else to go." Tears threaten to spill over as you speak. Jackson doesn't say anything, only nodding for you to continue.