Welcome To Fade

Your eyes find your best friend. Or whatever Yugyeom is.

He has his back to you but you know it's him.

He towers over everyone.

His hair has been styled expertly and he's wearing a leather jacket with black trousers. The boots he's wearing compliment his outfit perfectly.

Yugyeom is talking to Jaebum and Mark, throwing his head back to laugh. A wolf whistle causes you to turn around and out of the lift comes BamBam and Youngjae and Jinyoung.

"Wow, you don't scrub too bad." BamBam appraises you and his eyes brush your body causing you to blush. Jackson notices your discomfort and butts in, saying, "We ready?"

"Yep." Youngjae answers before dramatically falling to one knee. "May I accompany the lady to the vehicle?" He presents a hand and you giggle.

Jinyoung grabs the ruff of Youngjae's collar and pulls him back to his feet before you can take his hand. "Idiot. Yugyeom would kill you."

You don't know what Jinyoung means by that and Youngjae only answers with, "That's why it's so fun," before winking at you and moving past you, followed by BamBam and Jinyoung.

You're left alone with Jackson.

"I'm actually quite excited. Thank you... for this." You admit quietly and his lips tilt up at one corner.

"My pleasure." The way he looks at you in this dress is... wow. 

You are so screwed.

So you turn only to stop again.

Yugyeom has noticed you.

His eyes run up and down your body, caressing your curves with his gaze before they travel up your neck and meet your stare.

Unable to move, you stand there like an idiot.

As Yugyeom strides towards you, you forget where you are.

He makes you feel like you're the centre of the universe.

A movement beside you distracts you and Jackson walks past Yugyeom, away from you.

A pang hits you in the heart, watching his back walk away from you but you don't have the time to care before Yugyeom is standing in front of you.

The two of you stand in silence and let the hustle of the lobby move around you.

Words aren't needed but eventually he speaks.

"You look beautiful." Yugyeom says softly, smiling shyly.

You don't know how to respond.

"I... I feel beautiful." You pour honesty and meaning into your words and gaze into his eyes.

"Come on you two!" 

"We can't stand here all night!"

"For god's sake get a room!"

These are all phrases hurled at the two of you by the other members and Yugyeom extends his hand.

"Shall we?"

You feel nervous, taking his hand in front of his friends. But what strikes you is the way Yugyeom swallows and his palms a slightly sweaty.

As you take his hand you say, "Don't be nervous.".

You start moving towards the door, following the others in high spirits.

"Is it that obvious?" Yugyeom laughs nervously.