Shaky Legs

When you wake up from a disturbed sleep, Jackson is nowhere to be seen.

Your phone buzzes and you turn to the bedside table to see a text from Yugyeom.

Gyeom: wake up sleepy head,,, we're getting breakfast.

Typing back a quick response, you check the time to see that it's 9:47 and hurry to get to get out of bed and dressed in what could be seen as a socially acceptable outfit of tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie.

Still no Jackson.

Exiting into the hallway, you find Yugyeom leaning against the wall, playing with his phone. He looks up when you approach and you can't pinpoint what you feel when his eyes meet yours.

"Did you sleep well?" Yugyeom says and you nod, still feeling unsettled by the butterflies in your stomach.

"Where is everyone else?" You ask.

"They went downstairs already. Shall we?" He gestures towards the elevator and you follow Yugyeom willingly.

He presses the button and the doors open, allowing you to step inside.

The silence inside the capsule is interrupted by the rumbling of your stomach and you hear Yugyeom chuckle under his breath.

The doors open on the ground floor and you walk towards the restaurant, Yugyeom hot on your heels.

"Over here." BamBam calls you turn to the corner of the room where a large table is set out, all seats filled but two. The emotion that clogs your throat at the thought of their acceptance is overwhelming and you hurry to join them.

Jaebum gets up to pull out your chair and you thank him, blushing, obviously not over your schoolgirl crush.

As you sit, you look across the table to find Jackson on his phone, ignoring you. Shaking off the hurt, you turn to Youngjae and Mark.

"What's on the menu today then?" You ask pleasantly.

Youngjae looks shocked. "Wow. After what you ate last night, i didn't think you'd eat anything for the rest of the week!"

Yugyeom laughs as he takes the seat on your other side. "You should have heard her stomach in the elevator! It was like an animal."

"Hey!" You smack Yugyeom's arm and he shrugs.

The waitress comes over to take orders and you ask for pancakes with fresh fruit. After she leaves, chatter engulfs the group of you and you find yourself talking to Mark and Yugyeom about the video they're going to shoot today.

Your food comes and you dig in, feeling eyes on you.

Mid-mouthful, you look up and find Jackson smirking at you.

"What?" You say through a mouthful of blueberries. After him ignoring you, you feel more than slightly annoyed with his cockiness.

"You snore." He states and you drop your fork.

"Do not."

"Um, you do." Yugyeom pipes in from beside you and you turn to him incredulously.

"Ok, ok, break it up, you guys." Jaebum laughs from your other side. "We need to get going to make it to the shoot on time."

One by one, the group rises from their chairs and leaves the table until you are left on your own, gulping down orange juice.

Well, you thought you were on your own but when you put your glass down, you see Jackson looking at you from across the table.

You start to get up and Jackson does the same, following you out into the lobby, continuing to follow you towards the elevator. Stepping inside, Jackson stands a little too close to you, close enough that you can smell his expensive cologne and feel him arm pressed against yours.

"Jackson, what-," you start to say when you are backed into the corner.

"Do you want to know what else you do in your sleep?" He tilts his head to one side, staring intensely into your eyes.

You shake your head.

He continues anyway. "You moan."

A million times a second. That's how fast your heart is beating right now.

"And you want to know whose name you moan?" Jackson says, his voice low.

"Stop." You squirm, eager to get out of this predicament.

"Mine."

You stop moving as his face comes closer. Closing your eyes, you wait for the inevitable meeting of his lips against yours.

It never comes.

Instead his lips move you your ear until you feel his breath on your lobe.

"But you also snore."

Then his presence is gone and you crack one eye open, just as the elevator doors open and Jackson steps out.

You follow him on shaky legs out of the elevator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~