Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Desirah's POV

I woke up with a massive grin on my face. Before I could even figure out why, my body was moving robotically. My hands squeezed on a pair of jeans over my legs, my "I ❤ Batman" knee-socks, and my smiley face high-tops. By then I had already figured out why I was so happy.

Niall Horan was here! He was here in the States just to see me! Today I was going to show him around town, which wasn't much. But we were going to make it fun.

Once I had the bottom part of my clothing on, my mind woke up and sifted through my tops wisely. Since I felt like a Batman theme today, I found my black t-shirt that had a picture of the yellow Batman logo and belt on it. I loved it. I pulled it on over my head once I found a white undershirt to go with it.

I brushed my hair and teeth in the bathroom. I grabbed my gray hoodie and slipped it on, but left it unzipped. I also snatched up my favorite dark green beanie and fitted it over my head. It contrasted greatly with my pale blonde hair.

My wallet was already inside my gray hoodie pocket, in case Niall and I decided to stop and eat somewhere in town. No doubt we would. Also, I needed to buy breakfast since no food was allowed in the dorms.

I realized something before I left. Niall arrived Saturday, which was yesterday. Today was Sunday. Niall had to leave on Monday, but that day we had planned to go to Mount Rushmore and watch movies. What about school? I shrugged carelessly. Eh, I could skip it. No big deal. This was Niall Horan we're talking about, people! I would do anything for him!

I almost forgot my iPod, and I backtracked so I could get it. I picked it up and turned it on. I was immediately brought to my Twitter DM page. I had a new message, and I opened it.

@NiallOfficial: meet me at Starbucks :P

I smiled and nodded to myself. I stuck my iPod in my jeans pocket. I quietly left my dorm, so as not to wake Linda.

I tried not to run to Starbucks, but it was a hard urge to resist. This was all so exciting! I had to be dreaming! How was this real?

I arrived at Starbucks and I entered the squat building. A figure looked up and waved at me. It was Niall! I immediately waved back, perhaps a little too enthusiastically. I walked over to him. He already had his breakfast, the same thing as yesterday: a large muffin and a wild berry smoothie.

"Did you have breakfast yet?" Niall asked me.

I shook my head. "Not yet. But I can quickly buy something here."

Niall began to stand, but I knew what he was about to do. I gently pushed him back down again.

"Don't worry, I've got this," I said, showing him my wallet.

I walked up to the counter, my face not covered again. The cashier grinned when he saw me. He had an eternal shift, I swear.

"Hello, not-so-mystery girl," he joked. "Your usual again?"

"Actually, no," I said with a smile. "I'd like to have a mango smoothie in the biggest cup you've got! To-go, please."

The cashier raised his eyebrows. "Wow, a change. I hope this isn't your new usual."

"Nope, it's just this once."

"Alright."

As he began to make my smoothie, I added, "And you don't have to write 'Mystery Girl' on my cups anymore. My name is Desirah."

The cashier glanced at me. "Great, thanks. Er, how do you spell that?"

"D-E-S-I-R-A-H," I spelled out for him.