Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Niall's POV

"The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round! The wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town!" the boys and I sang together. We tried to continue but we were laughing too hard.

Tour was so much fun. Nothing could bring us down while we were doing what we loved. The only unfortunate thing was that some girls were getting hurt at our concerts. Harry got hit in the balls again at the last one. That really sucked. We were all here just to have a good time.

"Let's sing another one!" Louis shouted.

"How does 'London Bridge' go, again?" Liam asked.

"That one is so overused," Zayn objected. "Let's sing something else."

"Be our guest--" Harry began, but we all yelled at him, "NO!!"

He pouted. "Why not?"

"It's 'Beauty and the Beast', man," Louis reminded him. "Think about it."

"I've got it!" I yelled. All eyes turned to me. I smirked as I sang, "The snow glows white on the mountain tonight--"

"Not a footprint to be seen!" the other boys joined in eagerly. "A kingdom of isolation, and it looks like I'm the queen!"

"This song is overused too," Liam muttered.

"Oh, come on, Li," I teased him. "Everyone loves this song."

"I don't!" he retorted. "When you hear it repeatedly getting sung in the shower every morning, you eventually get tired of it!"

"Don't let them in, don't let them see," Harry sang above the others. "Be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know...."

"Well, now they know!" Zayn took over.

"Let it go, let it go!" Louis belted out, grinning widely. "Can't hold it back anymore! Let it go, let it go! Turn away and slam the door!"

Liam planted a pillow over his face. I burst out laughing. Before I could sit next to him and scream the words to the catchy song in his ear, someone's phone began to ring. The ringtone was "Do You Want To Build A Snowman".

"Are you freaking kidding me, Harry?" Zayn exclaimed as the sheepish boy took out his phone.

"Hey, you have to admit it's a cute song," Harry said defensively. He checked the caller ID. He raised his eyebrows. "It's Gemma. I better take this."

As he stood up and left us, I remembered my promise to call Desirah when we were close to South Dakota. I took out my phone and turned it on.

"Hey, where are we?" I asked. "Mr. Bus Driver, do you know where we are?"

"Wyoming," he replied from the driver's seat. "We'll be in South Dakota in thirty minutes."

"Thank you!" I said loudly.

Liam noticed me tapping on my phone. "Why do you care, Niall?" he asked me.

"I promised I would call my fr--mother when I was close to South Dakota," I said hastily. I nearly blew it! I had to watch my mouth more often.

Desirah was still a secret from the boys. They had gotten over ForeverAlone sometime ago, which I was grateful for. But I still wanted to keep our friendship a secret from them. I wasn't sure if I could completely trust them just yet.

I went into the bathroom and locked the door. I tapped the "call" button on my phone and held it to my ear. I heard a ringing sound, and I waited for Desirah to pick up. I didn't have to wait for long.