Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Desirah's POV

After Niall and I got back together (friendship-wise, mind you), things were much better between us. Of course, we were only upset at each for a few days, but it had felt like forever. I hated being mad at Niall. It just didn't feel right.

I couldn't stop thinking about what Niall had said to me when he had explained the situation. The boys thought Niall had a crush on me and they wanted him to ask me out. But Niall had gotten annoyed by that and said no. Did this mean that he didn't want to go out with me, or did he? Did he even have a crush on me? Because if so....

No, Desirah, I scolded myself. Don't think like that. It's stupid and unfair to Niall.

Someone started knocking rapidly on my door. I looked up and went over to answer it. When I did, all of the boys barged past me and into my room.

"Woohoo, Monday!" Louis whooped, collapsing on my couch. "I never thought I'd say this, but I love Monday!"

"Why?" I asked him.

"Because our official break starts today," Liam explained. "No more rehearsals, no more concerts, no more traveling: Just relaxing."

Niall bumped into me, and I glanced at him. "We'll have our picnic tonight," he murmured in my ear. I smiled and nodded.

"So, what are the plans for today?" Zayn asked.

"I want to see a movie," Harry said.

"Which one?" Liam asked him.

He opened his mouth to reply confidently, but then he hesitated. He finally said, "I don't know yet."

Liam rolled his eyes. "Oh, whatever. I'll go with you. I really need to get away from the rest of these guys."

"Agreed," Louis said. "I'm really starting to hate you all."

"Great!" Zayn said, flicking his eyes up to the ceiling. "I'll be in our hotel room working on my latest art project. Just a fair warning in advance: If any of you guys interrupt me in any way, I will freaking murder you." He got up and left.

"You know what that means, right?" Louis said with a grin. "I'm going to go annoy the heck out of Zayn without getting caught. See you all later!" He ran out after Zayn.

"Let's get going now," Liam said to Harry. "Maybe we can go see something like 'Maleficent'."

"'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'!" Harry shouted for some reason.

"No!" Liam shot back. "You can't make me sit through that!"

He pushed Harry out of the room and shut the door behind them. Niall and I were alone now. I turned around and grinned up at him.

"Well, it's just us now," I said.

"Yep," he said, popping the "p". "Whatcha want to do?"

"I don't know," I said with a shrug. "We could watch a movie. Or go on the tour bus and play Wii. Or sing songs together. Or--"

"Ooh, ooh!" Niall suddenly cried. "I want to sing songs with you!"

I smiled. "Okay, but I want to choose the first song."

"Alright. What do you have in mind?"

I thought about it. My smile widened. "I want to sing 'Dirty Love' by Cher Lloyd."

Niall raised his eyebrows. "Wow, really? I thought you would want to sing a country song."

"I also like to listen to pop rock, remember!" I exclaimed. "My music taste doesn't revolve around just country! So, you up for it?"