Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Niall's POV

My knuckles were grasping the steering wheel so tight that they were whiter than usual. I knew that Desirah was at MQAAFGG, so that made finding her easier on me. I couldn't believe that I was doing this again, but the adrenaline rush I felt was indescribable, and in a good way.

I parked in the parking lot of the boarding school and hopped out. I clutched my sides a little bit as I ran towards Desirah's dorm building. I still remembered what room number she was. I burst through the door, making another blonde jump. But it wasn't Desirah.

"Desirah?" I called nervously. "Are you here?"

"You just missed her," the other girl scowled. "She left, like, five minutes ago." She looked up, and her face went slack as she gawked at me. "Y-you're Niall Horan...."

I waved her comment away. "Yes, yes, I know that. Anyway, do you know where she went?"

"Some guy came here, going on and on about record labels and Desirah. Though I have no idea why he'd want anything to do with her. She has no talent."

I felt my frustration and anger grow at the insults this blonde was throwing at Desirah. I realized that she must be Isabelle. I had to restrain myself from attacking her, or at the very least yell at her. That wouldn't be good for publicity.

"Do you know who the guy was?" I asked.

A plan was forming in my mind. Desirah had gone with a recording guy, right? So if this girl got his name, maybe I could call Simon and have him track down the other guy. I knew that if this other music producer got to Desirah first, I mostly likely wouldn't be allowed to get together with her again.

"Desirah kept calling him 'Mr. Journey'," the girl said with a shrug. "Why do you need to know?"

"Is your name Isabelle, by any chance?" I asked. I couldn't help but want to chew her out for causing Desirah so much pain.

"No," she replied. My shoulders slumped. Dang it, I got the wrong girl. "I'm Linda. Maybe you can help me finish up packing and then we can go out for a coffee or something--"

"Listen, Linda," I said seriously. "You seem like a... like a nice girl, but I can't. I already have a girlfriend."

Her jaw dropped. "Seriously? With who? I thought you've been single for, like, ever!"

"I was," I murmured, looking down. "But then I met Desirah, and I couldn't be any happier. Thanks for your help, chick!"

I ran out of her dorm room and went back to the parking lot. I started pacing and running my hand through my hair. So, Desirah was with "Mr. Journey" and there was nothing I could do about it. Or perhaps there was....

I took out my phone and turned it on. I went to my speed dial and held down the number six. The first one was Harry, second was Louis, third was Liam, fourth was Zayn, and fifth was Desirah. Simon was sixth.

"Hello, this is Simon Cowell," Simon said. "How's everything going, Niall? Are you feeling any better?"

Basically everyone knew by now that I had gotten beaten up by Justin Bieber. When Joseph and Simon found out about it, they were beyond ticked. They yelled and lectured me for a while, but then they finally laid off of me. Simon was starting to care now, but, if it was possible, Joseph seemed to hate me even more.

"I'm fine," I said hastily. "Simon, do you know any music producer by the name of 'Mr. Journey'?"

"Do you mean Phil Journey?" Simon guessed immediately. "He owns Journey Records."