Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Niall's POV

"Are you SURE you don't want me to stay here?" Harry asked me for the billionth time. He had been pestering me for hours. Or five minutes. It's hard to tell.

Since Harry and I were the only single ones in the band, Harry was going to the movies to pick up girls. He wanted me to come with, but I didn't want to pick up girls. I had some unfinished business to attend to.

"Yes," I groaned. "How many times have I got to tell you? I just want to be alone."

"But alone on Valentine's Day?!" Harry exclaimed. "That's not right! I mean--"

"I know what you mean," I interrupted him. "I just want to be alone. In fact, if Alone and I were in a relationship, I can already think of our ship name."

"Oh, really? And what is that?"

"It's Go Away And Leave Me Alone," I said, pushing Harry towards the door. We were in my bedroom. "Now leave!"

"Alright, alright," he chuckled. "But if you start crying your eyes out watching a romantic comedy, it's your own fault."

"Go suck a carrot," I retorted.

"Whoa, that's harsh!" Louis exclaimed. He came in from the living room. "It's not his fault you're single, Niall. It's like you're immune to girls."

"Shut up," I told him sourly. "I'm not 'immune' to girls. I just don't want to be in a relationship right now. Now go have sex with Eleanor or something. Bring Harry along so he can watch."

"Wow, a real live romantic comedy!" Harry giggled. "Can I come, Louis?"

"No," he said. "You can go with Zayn, though. He and Perrie are going out for the night. I think."

All of this love talk was making me sick. I decided to leave while I still could. But before I could make one move, Zayn came into the already-crowded hallway. Just great.

"Perrie just called," he sighed. "The hotel is booked. Not even we can get in."

"So are you staying here for the night?" Harry asked.

"Goodness, no!" he exclaimed. "Perrie and I are still going to go out and have a nice dinner. For as long as possible."

"Boring!" Louis proclaimed. "Me and Eleanor are gonna go on a little boat cruise and dance all night! It's going to be awesome!"

"Guys, be quiet!" Harry hissed, covering my ears. "You're making Niall jealous!"

"No, they're not!" I cried and pushed his hands away.

"Move it, people!" a new voice shouted. It was Liam. "You're going to make me late for my date with Sophia!"

"I was here first!" Zayn shot back. "Go around."

"There is no around!"

I pushed myself up against the wall. Here was my chance to escape. I edged into my room and slammed the door shut, immediately locking it.

"Okay, Niall, we'll see you later!" Harry called. "He's totally jealous."

"I am not!" I hollered indignantly. I collapsed on my bed face-first and sighed into my pillow, instantly warming my face up.

This was so annoying. I hated Valentine's Day. It was the worst holiday of the year. All of the other boys loved to rub it in my face when they had dates and I didn't. Liam and Sophia. Zayn and Perrie. Louis and Eleanor. Harry and some chick from the movies. And then me.