Chapter Twenty Six - Gig

"Wooo... What the hell are you wearing?" Chloe asked me as I tried to sneak out. Apparently I am not as good at it as I thought. "I'm going out, got a problem with that?" I asked, crossing my arms. "Sassy Clare? Welcome to the sass side" Chloe said. "I'm a teenager, was only a matter of time till my sass side breaks out, especially with you as my sister" I said and walked passed her. "Meow" Chloe said as I sneaked out the front door.

I hurried down the street and climbed into the RV that was already waiting for me. "You know, maybe one day I will live in a shitty RV like you" I said as I sat down on the passenger seat. "You don't end up in a place like that if you don't hang around the wrong people Clare" He said and leaned forward "What if I want to hang with the wrong people? Stop pushing me away Frank, I'll be the one that's dead in the end!" I told him. "Fine, I'm done trying to talk sense into you" "Yup, better be done, it's useless anyways"

"What happened to you?" He asked confused. I guess I was different now and I had absolutely no idea why. "Come on Frankie, I would have never survived in this world as the sweet princess with the thousand scars in this world. Not in this town. Arcadia Bay is a bitch and you know it. I just want to get out of here" I said "Everything reminds me of my dad and I fucking hate it" I said and got up and walked around. "Clare, calm down!" Frank said to calm me down or better he was trying to while keeping his eyes on the road. "I'm done with that shit hole! I'm getting into therapy and then get the hell out of here!" I said and turned towards him "Just that my mom can't afford some expensive shit like that, especially with the fucker at home that basically lives there already" I said and sat back down.

"Clary, just forget about all the shit for tonight and have some fun" He said and I sighed "If you don't call me Clary anymore, fine. I fucking hate that name!" I said and looked out the window "My dad always used to call me that, well not just my dad, but he gave me that nickname. When I was little I always was the little Clary Price. I'm not anymore" I said and looked at the ground. "Fine, I'll think of a nickname other than that. One that you won't hate" He said. "Good luck with that Frankie" I said and looked back out the window. Where the hell was that sass coming from? I have never been like that, why now?

Frank and I didn't talk during the rest of the ride. As we arrived, he grabbed some of his stash, then let me outside and towards the entrance. The bouncer looked at me with a scary face expression, but I didn't back down. "I don't know kid, you look pretty young" He said. "Can't say the same thing about you, but you should let me pass. I'm with him!" I said and nod towards Frank. "I don't believe you" He said. "Listen shithead, I have been invited by Damon Merrick personally. Don't want him to rip your balls out, do you?" I said, scared of my own words. "Okay chill, go on" He said and let me pass. "Thanks for the help Francis" I said to annoy him. "What?" "The shitass of bouncer wouldn't let me pass, would have been nice for you to back me up" I said. "Sorry okay"

"Just don't do it again!" I told him and walked ahead. "Damn it Clare!" He replied and followed me. The music was already loud, although the show hasn't even started yet. I walked around and got myself something to drink, while Frank did what he came here for. Sell his drugs.

"Well if that isn't the feisty fucker" I heard the familiar voice of Damon Merrick. "Oh, it's you" I said annoyed and turned around to him. "How did you get in here?" He asked. "What can I say, I can be really persuasive" I said. "Alright kid" He said. "Don't. Call. Me. Kid!" I said. "Alright alright" He said, not intimidated by me but impressed "I'll leave you alone" He said and wanted to walk off. "Wait!" I said. "What do you want?" He asked. "Some information on somebody" "I don't blab about people. No one" He said.

"Sera Gearhardt" I said. "What about her?" He asked. "What's her deal?" "Why do you want to know?" "Just curious. I've seen her around, wondered who she is and you seem to know everyone" I said. "Why would I tell you?" "Because I want to know and I want to protect my friend. She's been stalking her and I want to know why she's here!" I tried to get out of him. "Fine, otherwise your punk ass won't shut up" "Speak Merrick!" I said. "I'll speak, if- if you work for me" He said. "Say what now?!" "I want you to work with me! Nobody would suspect a broken, little kid" He said "Think about it, you know where to find me" "I actually don't" I told him. "Let's meet tomorrow, Two Whales Diner" He said. "Bad idea, they know me there. They will call the police immediately" "Fine, then call me when you made up your mind" He said and handed me a card, then walked off. Fuck!

I looked at the number. I definitely have to talk to Rachel before making the decision. I packed the card away and went back to Frank, who was now sitting on a couch. "Where were you?" He asked as I sat down next to him. "Never been at such a place, needed to explore" I told him, although it was only half true. "Never been here either, but-" "It's something completely different! I've never even been to a normal concert. This is all new for me" "Then let's not chill back here! Let's get to the party" He said, got up and pulled me to the stage, where we started rocking and dancing to the music.

 This is all new for me" "Then let's not chill back here! Let's get to the party" He said, got up and pulled me to the stage, where we started rocking and dancing to the music