Chapter Thirty - The Help I So Desperately Needed

"I'm moving into the dorms" Rachel told Chloe and I back at school the following Monday. "And your dad is okay with that?" Chloe asked. "Honestly, I don't care what he thinks! I just want to get out of that hell house! I can't stay there" She said. I guess their running away plans have changed after all that had happened. "Hey, there is Warren. I'll talk to you guys later, I really have to catch up with him" I said and walked over to my best friend. "Hey" I said and hooked my arm with his, pretending that everything was alright. "Hey, I didn't think to be hearing from you these days" Warren said and I faked a small laugh "I'm getting help Warren. Hopefully soon I'll be in therapy at a clinic and come back better than ever. My mom and I have a meeting Principal Wells in a few days to make sure I'm able to return after my treatment"

"I'm counting the days already" He said and hugged me. "Me too" I replied. "When you return, let me know. I want to be the first one to welcome you back" He said. "I'll look what I can do" I said. "Hey, I have to use the bathroom. Will you wait or will we just meet up at lunch?" I asked. "You finally have time for me since days, not letting you get rid of me that easily" He said and I gave him a smile and hugged him one last time "You know I love you" He said. "I love you too Clare" he said and hugged me back tight. Warren and I always used to tell each other that we loved one another. Not the way adults and teens love each other, but in a way that kids love each other. I don't know how I survived without Warren for so long.

I walked into the bathroom and the drawing came back into my mind. I had totally forgotten about it. Nathan shoots Chloe in here. I recognized the walls, the sinks, the entire room visible in the drawing. Tears started to fill my eyes and I walked over to the mirror and looked inside. I wasn't happy about what I saw. Not happy with who I saw inside the mirror. I've gotten this far, yet it felt like I was back at the beginning. At the beginning when all of this started.

Seeing myself in that mirror felt like all saved progress was suddenly lost again. Tears started rolling down my cheeks and before I knew what I was doing, I was searching through my bag for something. I didn't even know what I was looking for, but I knew it once I held in my hand. A scissor. "Stop Clare, you don't want to do this!" I said to myself, but my body took over and I couldn't stop it anymore. I cut open my wrist again. "I won't be long" I heard Rachel's voice say.

"Oh my- GET HELP, RIGHT NOW!" Rachel yelled as I dropped to the ground or almost, because she caught me before I could hit it. "NOW!" Rachel yelled. Chloe appeared and pushed Warren to get someone, while she took over from Rachel. "No Clare, you are not dying on me! You are not dying before me!" She said and took some paper towels and pressed them onto my cut. "I love you Chloe" I said before I closed my eyes. Everything went dark.

I opened my eyes and everything was white. I remembered this place. I have been here before. It was exactly like after my first attempt. I was in the hospital again. Rachel, Chloe, Warren and Nathan sitting by my side. "Why Clare?" Nathan asked "You're getting help, why would you try it again?!" He asked, looking at me. "I'm sorry" I apologized. I didn't know what else to say. "If I would have known, I wouldn't have let you use the bathroom" Warren said, making me smile. "At least mom can't talk herself out of it this time" I told. "Don't you dare joke about something like this!" Chloe said. "Be serious Clare, you could have killed yourself! What if I wouldn't have found you?" Rachel said, her hand on Chloe's shoulder. "Then the Prescott's would have saved some money" I said. Nathan didn't think this was funny at all. "Seriously Clare? I would never ask my dad for money ever again if I can save your life with it! I don't ever want you to try and do something like this ever again!" Nathan said and grabbed my hand "I won't let you"

"I'm sorry okay" I repeated again. Suddenly we heard fighting in the hallway and Rachel went to check on it. "Frank" She said "She's in here"

Frank pushed past my mother and David into my room. "Clare" He said as he saw me. He was shocked, but not as shocked as Warren and Nathan were when they saw the local drug dealer worried about me. "Frank" I said and he went ahead to hug me. "Why would you do it? You promised me to never do it again!" He said. "I know, it... I just felt like nothing has changed. Like I was right back to were everything started. I'm so sorry!" I said to him and he let go of me "You are not the same girl anymore Clare. You've gone such a long way and you can't just give that up, so don't you ever try something like this again, do you hear me!?" He said. "Yes, I promise!

A few days later I was released from the hospital and back home packing for the clinic. Nathan, Chloe, Rachel and Warren were here to help me, while I knew that Frank was somewhere nearby in his RV. He hasn't left the neighborhood ever since I returned back home. He refused to. I even thought he would move into our driveway, but Dickhead Madsen needs that all to himself.

Just one day later a car from the clinic was there to pick me up and everyone I cared about was there. I quickly hugged mom goodbye, skipped David and went on to hug Warren. "You better not push me away after this!" He said. "I won't" I told him. "I love you" Warren said. "I love you too" I said to Warren and gave him one last squeeze before moving on to Rachel. "Get better, alright?" She said to me. "I will" I said. We pulled away and hooked fingers "Watch Chloe for me" "Always!" Nathan was next. "Thank you so much for making this possible for me" I said and hugged him. "Of course and just so you know, I will wait for you, no matter how long it will take" He said. "I love you Nathan" I said. "I love you Clare" He replied and kissed me. A long passionate kiss, before I moved on to Frank. "Take care kiddo" He said to me. "Don't call me that, it's weird" I said. "Take care anyways" He said "And remember, I'm only one call away" He said.

"My superman" I said with a smile. "I'm not superman" "To me you are" I said and let go of him before moving on to Chloe. "I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I hope you are gone when I come back" I said. "How can I leave when you are gone?" She asked. "Just grab Rachel, get into the truck and leave. We'll find our way back to each other" I said and hugged her. "Of course we will" She replied, hugging me back.

After I was done saying goodbye to everyone, I looked at them one last time before getting into the car and watch them get smaller in the distance.

A/n

Yes, there is a sequel. It's called Life is Better and it will be set at the same time as Life is Strange Season 1.