Day Two: The Puzzle

We all dragged ourselves back into the castle after the brief battle with the Galra. They've been finding us way too easily here of late and its starting to take its toll of all of us, especially Allura. She has been the weakest of all of us due to the number of wormholes we've needed to use. Honestly, I don't know how she's still going, sure none of us are doing to great, but she's visibly the worse. I see her walking around leaning against the walls, even using Shiro or Coran for help, but there's nothing we can do. She's the only one who can power the ship and we have already used up all of her residual energy that was stored up in the ship. We all tried to relax but all that did was land me in an elevator with enemy number one and an upside-down joke of a pool. The worse part of it all? I didn't even get to attempt to use the pool. All I was able to do was rush off and try to defend a castle that was shutting off from getting blown to bits from a thousand fighter ships.

To top it all off, whatever happened in that wormhole did more than just bang up blue. In the past three months, everything has been blending together in a bad way. I haven't been able to tell apart battles from normal training days and I haven't had the energy to train either. To most wonderful part of it, is that I can't seem to shake these weird accidents that have been happening around the castle. My room's heat is broken, but Pidge swears nothing is wrong, the food goo has been freezing on me too many times, and even showers have been literally burning me if the temperature is set too high. Honestly, everything has been too common for it to be an accident. I feel as if someone is out there trying to one up me just to watch and see what I would do if something were to burn me or decide to suddenly freeze.

"Whoever is out there after me, please just tell me what the hell you want.." I grumble to myself as I walked down the halls of the castle. Right now, the only place to think is the lower levels in the abandoned rooms of what used to hold servants to the royal family.

It is a relatively small space that still seems eerily quiet from sitting untouched since the last Altian was in the castle. Even with the glowing blue lights lining the hallway, it wasn't very bright because that is the only light, but it was calming. The blue atmosphere falling over everything was the only thing that helps me calm down anymore. Between this war and the stress of being forced to be open with each other, this private space is the only thing keeping me sane. However, that creeping cold followed me even down here, but I can't keep from thinking it's worse than usual. Feeling a bit uneasy I slowly turn around to make my way back to the main halls but stop in my tracks. In front of me was that thing that has been plueaging my dreams all these months.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?!"

I screamed as it just laughed at me, slowly walking towards me with that grin. That same shit eating grin that has been giving me nightmares. With every step forward, I took two backwards, but something about it drew me in. It was as if something inside of me was trying to get out and return back to that monster. It's been three months of running from this thing and I want answers; I need answers. I can't keep running away from whatever it was that. I stood still and the black mass behind it slowly engulfed me as the monster dropped it's smile, tilting it's head a little bit.

"Heh... I bet you weren't expecting that were you," I said a bit to coy as a blast of icey came from it. I stood my ground while shielding my eyes.

"You choose to challenge me young one?" It's voice was enough to spend chills down my spine as the pull grew stronger. "How can you hold your head so high as you are blind to the power you possess."

'Powers?' I thought before pain ripped through my body, sending me to my knees. I gripped the shirt over my heart as burning heat went through my chest, the sounds of my pain making that thing erupt into laughter.