Choice

I sipped into my Apple juice as I sat down looking at the beautiful night sky.

"How long are you going to be looking up at the sky...." I looked behind me to see Ayato leaning against the wall.

"Well it's something I did back then when I finished dinner...." I said looking down.

He sits next to me.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I said still looking up at the sky.

He sighs "You know being a bride is dangerous right?"

"No shit sherlock between people wanting my blood and your crazy mom doing some voodoo crap!!"

He looks at me blankly

"I'm serious..."
"ME TOO!!!"

He scratches his head "What I'm trying to say is that..." He leans close to me.

"Let me protect you...."
"Huh?"

He looks away from me. "The bride can choose a vampire as their partner, so I'm asking you to choose me...."

"Wait a second by why do you want to protect me!!" I answered.

"Because!!" He covers his face "I... lmsnnf you"

"What?"

He punches the ground "I love you!! okay!!"

I blinked for a second "You... like me?"

"Yah!! Problem!!" He said his face turning red as his hair.

"Oh...."
"Oh"
"OHH!!!"

"You done?" He muffled under his hand.

I nod "it's just I never thought anyone would like me because...."

"You're scary as shit?"
"Yah!!"

He leans back "So... your choice?"

I look at him "If... I accept you........ you would be able to protect me from the other vampires....."

He leans closer to me "Yes but I wasn't talking about that!!"

I tensed up "Oh you meant..."
"Yah..."

I nod "Yah... I like you..." I muffled under my shirt.

"What? I didn't hear that!!" He says laughing.

I punched him in the chest "Shut up idiot!!"

He catches my fist "I, Ayato Sakamaki will protect Yui Komori with my life and with all of my heart......" he says placing my fist on his heart.

My cheeks heat up "uhhhh.... am I suppossed to do that too..."

"You don't have too..."
"So what comes next?"
"I suck your blood now"
"WHAT!!"

I cover my neck with both of my hands. He laughs "Its a joke, but I would have to, if j get hungry."

"Now that I think about, I never gave you my blood ever since I came here..." I said removing my hands.

"Yah and I've been starving..." he says groaning.

I lean closer to him and sigh "I'll let you drink my blood, but don't go all Dracula on it!!"

He gasps then smiles.

He wraps a hand around my waist to move me closer to him and uses the other hand to brush off my hair away from my neck. I put my hands on his shoulder and brace myself.

I felt something sharp pierce my skin and felt blood come out.

But this time it didn't hurt as much when Ayato did it.

Ayato removes his lips from my neck "Okay.. I'm done..." he licks his lips that still had my blood on it.

I look at him blankly "that's it!!"

"What you want me to drink your blood again...."
"No... but you were so... gentle....."

He looks at me "What did you think I was going to do? Drill a hole into your neck...."

"Ummm.... yes?"

"Tch...." he leans closer to me. "I'm not so heartless with the people I love..."

I look at him and smile.

"heh... yah....."