Chapter 15

I arrived at the tower, it was haunting, windows broken, furniture and bits of wall littered the yard, the front door bent and twisted, but still hung from its hinges. I peeked inside, immediately seeing lasers and traps, so that's how he kept people out. I opened a portal into Beast Boy's room, seeing that it was completely empty, only claw marks on the walls, and torn carpet left. I struggled to get the door open, so I used my powers to pry it open, I inched my way down the hallway, until I heard a large amount of metal clatter to the ground.

"No, no, no, damn it!" Cyborg yelled, punching the table. I made my way slowly into the living room, seeing a very large metal circle in the middle of the room, he was building something." No, stop!" Cyborg yelled.

"Cy?" I spoke softly, he quickly whipped around, a crazed look in his eye that quickly softened once his eyes settled on me.

"No, go away, I don't want you to see me like this." He quickly lowered his gaze, long black messy dreadlocks falling into his face.

"Cyborg." I spoke softly inching toward him, he immediately shrank back, the blue on his armor flickering for a moment." Cy-"

"No!" He retreated, knocking over tools, tables, and papers." You need to leave." His voice came from the darkness. I stepped toward the new mess picking things up, until I came across a picture, of Cyborg and Jinx. I then looked at the machine Cyborg was building.

"What're you trying to do Cyborg?" I asked speaking softly. He was silent for a long time, until I heard his heavy footsteps coming toward me.

"It's a time machine." He stated.

"Cyborg you know-"

"I know, I figure I can keep myself alive long enough to go back in time using my past body to save her." He said in a desperate manner.

"Cyborg-"

"No, I know it's crazy, I just have to try." He said furrowing his brows.

"Cyborg, I can-"

"Raven, don't talk me out of this."

"Cyborg I can help!" He became silent, ready to listen." It will be difficult, trust me, we can only change one thing, then after that, whatever happens, happens. So if she doesn't make it, again, we can't try again." He nodded slowly digesting my words.

"Then let's do it." Cyborg stated standing tall.