Chapter 5

We were out scrounging for food, again. I really want to at least catch a fish, or something with a little more nutrients. I found a ton of berries again, but we actually stumbled across wild onions, sweet onions. Even though I hated onions this would have to suffice. I was sitting by the fire eating my onion, it really was sweet. Beast Boy was setting something on a flat rock, and laying another flat rock on top of it.

"What're you doing?" I swallowed the onion in my mouth.

"It's a surprise." He winked at me. Okay that was kind of weird, what kind of surprise would he have for me here?

We had made a pretty decent sized basket to hold the onions, another basket held the berries, we made another one, just in case we found anything else later. The only modification we had made to our little home was we built a canopy over our shelter, allowing it to hang over a few feet, to cover our food that had its own little home to protect it from bugs and any critters that were out here. Which we had seen none by the way, which was a little unusual. We had talked about building a little home up in the trees. We scouted out the ones around what we had, but they were pretty damaged, so we had to look a little deeper. We actually found a cluster of trees that seemed to be pretty sturdy. We were only talking about it though, we needed to save our energy.

Inside our little home we had made a grassy, leafy mat to sleep on, with sand underneath it, it was actually pretty comfortable. Any place with Beast Boy was comfortable though. Besides starving, and the not so romantic place, it was like we were on a vacation or something. Getting to know each other, falling even more in love, getting very close, and did I mention loving each other. I know I'm not a touchy feely person, but when I'm with him, I'm just happy, and stupid. Really stupid, I don't know why, it's like my brain shuts down, especially when he kisses me, I can't think straight. I get this really dumb grin on my face and everything, I get flustered and I blush. Meditating with him around was very hard, all he wants is to be with me, touching me, kissing me. So sometimes he would turn into any small animal so he could sit in my lap, or on my shoulder while I meditated. It was nice and cute.

Our bedtime routine was always the same. Pick at each other, tease, laugh, kiss, make love, cuddle, fall asleep. Nothing exciting, just exhilarating. On this particular night, we were in our little home with the entrance closed off. Beast Boy and I were under our blanket. He was laying on top of me, just looking at me. Gently striding his thumb over my lip, chin, and cheek. He rested his hand above my head, and played with my hair.

"You know I've been thinking." He said quietly.

"About what?" I looked into his eyes.

"If no one finds us," he paused," I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with you, even if someone did find us, I want to spend the rest of my life with you either way mama." He smiled, making me smile." I love you." He kissed me.

"I love you too." He snuggled into my side and we quickly fell asleep, absolutely content.