Crazy ideas

Hi people. Yes yes. I am making another one. I didn't like some parts of the other one when I read over it so I deleted it. Sorry to anyone who liked the other one. I promise this will be better. Btw, that picture gives me feels.
Anyway. En garde.

"Hey Astrid, thanks for believing in me." Hiccup said as they sat in the cove looking over the brilliant night sky. Toothless and now Stormfly and the other dragons curling around them.

"Of course I would Hiccup. You showed me something just to make sure your dad doesn't find out. You showed me that dragons are a good thing. You showed me your true self. The self I haven't seen since we were 10 and the self which," she lowered her voice in embarrassment "which I've uh missed. Now before I get too cheesy, let's write that letter." He chuckled and got some parchment and a piece of charcoal out of the bag that was placed next to him.

3 hours earlier

"That's for kidnapping me," Astrid said as she punched his arm,"and that's for everything else." She quickly leaned into Hiccup kissing his cheek lightly. Then she sat down on the grass and patted the spot next to her, telling Hiccup to join.
He sat down and looked at the fierce girl, realising she had a long look on her face.

"What are you thinking Astrid?" She looked at him for the longest minute and said.

"What if we left for good?"

"Wh-uh-what d'you mean?"

"I heard what you said to toothless and I actually think it might be a good idea. Think of the world we will see on the backs of dragons. The places we can see. Dragons that Berk hasn't even discovered yet. Maybe we can even build our own village. (😏). Full of dragons and people living in harmony." Her face lit up more as she thought of something else, "We can defeat the red death."
"Are you sure Astrid. I mean, just a couple of hours ago you were ready to kill me and now you want to spend probably the rest of your life with me exploring and-" she punched his left arm.

"Ow. Why did you do that. Seriously, what is it with you and violence?" He grumbled.

 And then he looked at her, expecting her face to look mad.

 She was smiling at him. It was a smile he had missed over the years because this smile was reserved for him only. And, really, when was the last time Astrid Hofferson fully smiled.

"Whoa. Did Astrid Hofferson just smile. Are sheep flying yet." He teased. 

"Hey. Shut up. It's just, it's nice to see you like this. So carefree and not guarded like you usually are." He smiled warmly at her.

"It's nice to see you smile again." She responded with another small smile but then her features twisted slightly as she had  another thought.

"Hiccup, I just want to say I am sorry. I know that it hurt you that I couldn't talk to you and it hurt me to see you so alone because I ignored you just like everyone else."
"What do you mean couldn't?"
She looked up to the night sky and sighed.
"When I started training, I had to keep away from you because I..." She trailed off, not knowing if she wanted to tell him.                                                                                                              

     "You what?" Hiccup asked. Astrid took a deep breath and looked at his confused face.

"I liked you. I still do. I knew that if I wanted to focus on my training I would have to get rid of my feelings for you. So I distanced myself from you. I mean, h-how was I meant to become a shield maiden if all i could think about was you. I started hanging out with the others, leaving you alone even though I knew I would regret it. But I didn't do anything about it. And that was so stupid of me to do. And then when you became good in dragon training, sure I was mostly jealous that you were better than me but I was also angry. Angry at the people who only started to like you because you finally proved that you were worthy of being a viking. But I still did nothing about it even though I knew how amazing and how talented you were at something when you put your mind to it. I wish things happened differently. I'm sorry for ever ignoring you and I regret not helping you and I regret not being the friend you deserved. I'll understand if you don't think I deserve your friendship because why would I, after everything I've done to you?" She finished with a solemn look on her face and Hiccup could see tears glazing her eyes. How can she look beautiful even when she is clos- focus Hiccup.