Runaways No More

Hi.

I have nothing to say apart from this is the final chapter :):
This chapter will also be shorter than usual.

This is a continuation from the last chapter, just a little later in the day.

Hiccup stood behind his wife, his hand clasped onto her's as she laughed at the entertainment (which was really the twins goofing around along with Sigyn- who had seemed to gain a rather mischievous streak in the last few months because of the twins influence).

They had just gotten married.

Gods.

It had felt like a dream to him. He was, in the eyes of the gods, officially in a union with the love of his life.

But even before today he had always had a special bond with her, not just something magical as a result of counteracting a curse (twice) or through a ceremony uniting them as one.

It was a connection that he had always had with her.

One which made them trust each other and look and care for each other. Even when they had those awkward moments or they had fights and falling outs. The connection was still there.

No matter what, they gravitated towards each other.

He really believed that even in another life where she hadn't suggested that they should run away. Where they had stayed at Berk and still somehow made peace with the dragons, whether it was immediately or after 5 or ten years. They would still have this bond between them.

A bond made for every life of Hiccup Haddock and Astrid Hofferson.

He wouldn't have it any other way.

Astrid looked stunning. Of course, he thought so everyday- she was always beautiful to him. Even when she woke up in the morning with the messiest bed hair on the Island and drool running down her face ("I don't drool"). But today she had taken his breath away.

She wasn't the only one. She had made it clear that he had looked like a king in his attire- safe to say, it had made him blush (she would definitely tease him about it later).

More importantly, the way she had been constantly smiling and the way she had stars glistening in her eyes as she looked at him. He had hoped he had a similar look on his face. He definitely felt the same.

He bent down to her ear and kissed it, "How about a little romantic moonlit flight?"

She looked up at him and he placed his lips on her's for a second before lifting his head to let her speak.

"Do you think they will notice we're gone?"

"Probably not. They're too distracted and drunk." She laughed in agreement. Whilst the two had only drunk a bit of meade at the beginning of the feast, not wanting to be drunk for the rest of the night, they had agreed to only drink a little. But most vikings and riders loved drinking so when they saw the barrels of meade lined up for them, they went... for lack of a better term... crazy.

It was nice to see everyone enjoying themselves. The people who had been with them when they first populated the island were mingling with the people of Old Berk. They had joined together to form a New Berk, one that would last for generations.

His father had always said, Berk was not a place, but it was the people. He had never believed it before but now, seeing all of these  people together in one place, he understood what his father had meant.

Berk had always been about the people altogether.

He glanced at his father who was sitting with his mother as they laughed heartily at Sigyn and the twins who had brought barf and belch into whatever skit they were making.