Could We Be A family Again?

Hello. It's almost the new year. And I hope it's a good one because we honestly really need this year to be better. Anyways so all I've been doing today is watching anything httyd that's come on TV.

"Stoick."

The man in question could only just sit there staring at the beautiful face that was slowly fading out of his memory, even if he didn't want it to. However, seeing her there, in the flesh, still bright as the day she was taken from him, caused the flood of memories to explode in his mind. Memories of their first kiss; of her smile; of their wedding day; of her face when Hiccup came into the world; of the look of horror she had when she was lifted into the sky, screaming his name, making it the lat time he would see her. 

He watched her come closer, and his heart opened, "Look. I know what you're going to say. How could I do this? How could I stay away all these years? How could I let our son do the same?"

"Val," he whispered.

"Well I'm sorry Stoick, but I couldn't leave. I found the evidence that would prove my theory about dragons and I knew that no one would believe me. So I stayed. Even though it hurt me, I had to. For the sake of Hiccup," He stood up and walked closer to her, closing the gap between them, "Why aren't you speaking? Scream, shout, say something!"

"Your as beautiful as the day I lost you," she gasped as he cupped her cheek and brushed some stray hairs out of her face,  connecting his lips with hers.

Hiccup watched them both, feeling conflicted. One one hand he didn't want his father to be here. On the other, seeing his mum and dad reunited in such an emotional way tormented his feelings.

His parents let go of each other and Stoick walked to the chief table with a small smile, "Hiccup. I understand why you didn't tell me about your mother."

"You-you do?" He sai, looking up at his father in shock.

"Yes and I understand that you were angry and upset and that's my fault. And if it you are up to it, can we start over? As father and son and as chiefs."

Hiccup was frozen. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know how to respond. He stammered over his words for a few seconds before looking at Astrid,his greatest pillar of support.

"No matter what you're decision is, I'll be there every step of the way babe," she whispered in his ear.

"I know," he whispered back and stood up, "I-uh, Astrid and I left Berk because we thought we would get a chance of a better life. And we were right. Once we experienced it, we wanted to share it with others but only to their own accord. Slowly, more and more people joined our way of life and it was great. But I have to admit, no matter how much I wanted to stay away and no matter how much I resented Berk and my father, it was hard not to miss the place I had been in for 15 years of my life. It was hard trying not to miss my father and Gobber and quite a few other people, surprisingly. I'm not saying I want to come back to Berk because I have a duty here and I can't leave my people. I'm just saying that as of today, the Island will welcome any Berkian not deemed as a threat to us or our dragons because I believe now that you all can change."

There was silence in the hall: both Astrid and Valka shed a tear; Stoick and Gobber were beaming in pride; the twins and Fishlegs had a look of appreciation on their faces; Snotlout had been gaping at his cousin.

Then, Tuffnut stood up and clapped his hands screaming, "I'm with him, who else?!" Ruffnut screeched in agreement and  Fishlegs pulled both of them down, apologising on their behalf.

Snotlout raised his hand and Hiccup nodded, signalling to Snotlout that he could speak.

"I just want to say I am sorry for everything I did to you Hiccup. And I also want to say that maybe it is time we listened to you. Um, if it's fine with you, could you teach us how to train our own dragons because I've been thinking that being able to fight with dragons will be better than fighting against them."