The Island of Riders

Hello again. I'm posting another chapter because I have exams coming up. I was meant to post it on the same day as the last chapter but I got distracted and didn't finish writing it. This is just a filler chapter anyways.

"TOOTHLESS. WAKE UP."

Hiccup's screams.

Stormfly mourning.

Viggo's death.

"ASTRID NOO!"

The look on his face.

And oh the deaths.

"Woow Viggo. When you put it that way..."

Drago.

The screams.

Sigyn almost dying at the hands of Ryker.

The fire.

The storms.

The blackness.

The ice.

She couldn't break the ice.

The look of betrayal in his face when they found out about Johann.

The deaths. Of humans and dragons.

"HICCUP!"

The guards began to shake her to get information.

And she woke up.

She looked to her right side and found Hiccup staring at her, eyes wide and full of worry. It was around this time that she usually got the nightmares. Only this time there were some new additions. His hand rested on her shoulder.

Oh.

He was trying to wake her up.

He smiled at her and kissed her forehead. She closed her eyes and let some stray tears fall, smiling as well, as he let her sync her breathing with his, wrapping his arms around her in a means of comfort. It was like a silent promise that he would always be there for her. And he was. Every step of the way since that fateful day in which they had left Berk.

Slowly, her breathing steadied to the same pace as his.

She watched as he unravelled the sheets and slid out of bed, prosthetic already on, and went downstairs without saying a word.

After a while, the door opened again but instead of Hiccup, it was Toothless who had entered.

"Are you okay little sister?" His pupils expanded, and his face was serious.

"I'm okay T. Just a nightmare." She smiled at his nickname for her. It seemed that Toothless had adopted both Hiccup and herself and was almost like a mother to them. Though, that was stormfly's and Luna's job. Valka's job as well.

Toothless crooned and placed his large head on the sheets covering her. She stroked his head.

At times like this, Astrid was very grateful for her ability to speak to dragons. Listening to them was another story. But, by now herself and Hiccup had both learnt to tune most of the dragon talk out.

Just then Hiccup came back up with a cup of steaming water in his right hand and a plate of fruits in his left. He looked at her with a huge smile and opened his mouth.

"How would you like some breakfast in bed m'lady?" He set the plate and cup of water- which she realised was actually tea, explaining why it was steaming- and she scooted over a bit, letting him sit next to her, once Toothless had gotten off of her.