A Choice of Acceptance

And we are back. Who knows. I might post 2 chapters this week. Maybe even 3. We'll see.

"I am Astrid Hofferson."

"And I am Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III" He looked straight up to his father's bearded face,"I am your son."

Stoick just stared at them, mouth gaping. There they were. His son and the Hofferson lass. They were standing right on front of him. And it would of been great. Amazing even.

If it wasn't for those two dragons standing behind them like they were all high and mighty. Stoick wanted to wipe that stupid, impossible smirk right off the night fury's face. But he wouldn't. Not yet at least.

"May the Gods have mercy on us all." He whispered, finally out of his stupor.

"Look Stoick," he winced at how his son addressed him, "We don't want any trouble. All we want is for you to let us go and maybe, just maybe, we can show you a better life for everyone."

"This is outrageous."

"They're consorting with dragons."

"Imagine us with dragons."

"Yeah. The explosions we could make."

"The chaos we can cause."

"The destruction."

"They're with the enemies."

"How can you listen to them Stoick?"

Stoick felt a tap on his shoulder and looked down to see Gothi.

"Everyone quiet down! The elder has made a decision," Gothi scribbled a few words in the dirt and Gobber whispered it in his ear, "She says. She says that we should do as they. We should give them a chance. And if that's what the elder wants, we can't disobey. I'm sorry everyone, but we must give then a chance."

"Great. Let's get started then."

"Only one chance."

"You do know that this means that we are only giving you one chance as well. Our deal goes both ways. And just so you know, as soon as you do anything, and I mean anything that we don't like and we don't agree with, you will be sorry." Hiccup smirked and Toothless barked with laughter.

"You are amazing, you know that?" Hiccup whispered in her ear, making her chuckle. Stoick stood there infuriated. His own son was mocking him. (No he isn't you idiot)

"What did he say? What did he tell you? Astrid I demand to know."

"And I demand that you shut up right now. Because that right there," she pointed at his face, "That is what I mean. Just because we're here, just because you have our attention right now, doesn't mean you can invade our lives and think that you can just walk back into it. You're not my chief, so you can't demand me to do anything. I only listen to people when I have to. But I will never listen to you."

"Now. If you would please open the gate, before you make her angry. That would be a start."

Stoick began to bark orders out. Two men opened the gate and people had been forced to put down their weapons. The four in the arena strolled out, Toothless currently glowing blue and growling, Hiccup with his sword drawn on front of him. He waved it around as a warning and as the vikings around him backed down, he pressed a button and the sword retracted back into the grip.

They walked to the Mead hall, Stoick and the council, as well as the four other teens-now adults who were had begged to join them. Another person- a girl- around the same age as them had joined too. But Astrid and Hiccup weren't really focused on her.