karmas a bitch

"stupid, stupid, stupid !"

y/n angrily throws her bookbag to her couch as she stomped her way into her room with tears falling out of her eyes.

her parents weren't home so she had more time to get into deep thoughts.

"why would he like you ! he's you're best friend and know you ruined everything by telling him how you feel you stupid bitch!"

she takes a look at herself in the mirror and sees that she's at the limit.

she sobs and frowns at how horrible she looks

her anger took over as she felt a stinging sensation on her fist and realized that she had punched the mirror.

she looks at herself in the cracked glass and starts to cry.

sobs were heard all around the house

she slides down the bathroom wall and hugged her knees and sobs as all she could think of was how sean simply rejected her.

"hey can i talk you you?"

"of course y/n ! what up chicken butt?"

he smiles sheepishly at her but she doesn't smile back, leaving him concerned and confused.

"hey what's wrong?"

as the late bell rang she waited with sean until the halls had cleared out.

once they were alone she starts to feel even more nervous than she was before.

"y/n, spill!"

"okay okay! um well you see i um-"

"you um what? y/n i'm your best friend!"

he grabs her hand and starts rubbing it with his thumb to make her feel more relaxed.

"you can tell me anything! i won't judge just please you're making me worr—"

"i like you!" she closes her eyes scared to hear his response.

she feels his hands let go of hers as she opened her eyes to see sean shocked and looking down at his feet.

"sean please say something." her eyes start to water.

"y/n, i'm sorry." he looks back up to see her with tears falling out of her eyes.

she nods repeatedly as she purses her lips and starts to walk out the back door.

"y/n -"

he was cut by the sound of y/n angrily closing a locker on her way out as he flinched

truth is, he likes her back, maybe even love. but the thought of ruining what they have right now terrifies him. but he also thought of the good that could happen. the bond that they have could become bigger. but he thinks that he's not good enough for her. he decided not to take that risk. the risk of losing her terrified him as well but by telling her his answer, he feels like he already lost her.

she cried herself to sleep, not wanting for the sun to rise the next day.

usually y/n would wait for sean, she always came to school earlier than sean and at times, he would wait for her.

as sean excited his mom's car, he hopes to see y/n waiting for her, thinking that they're still best friends but she was nowhere to be found.