Small Bump

The crowd cheered loud at Wembley Stadium. "Now, Wembley I have not played this song in around... around two years. Maybe longer." Emily lightly smiled. "But, I feel like playing it today because who it's about, I know has really helped me, um, throughout so many years." Ed lightly laughed. "He's-He's-He's really helped me ever since before my first album came out."

Emily's eyes gleamed and she looked at Matthew, Imogen, and John. They were all backstage and watching Ed from there. "Edward. He's singing 'Small Bump.'" Tears pooled her eyes but she didn't let them escape. "He's talking about our son. I know it." She sniffed. He started to play the music and the crowd cheered.

"You're just a small bump unborn, in four months you're brought to life. You might be left with my hair, but you'll have your mother's eyes. I'll hold your body in my hands, be as gentle as I can, but for now, you're a scan of my unmade plans, a small bump in four months you're brought to life. I'll hold you tightly, I'll give you nothing but truth. If you're not inside me, I'll put my future in you." This gave Ed a memory of when seeing the first ultrasound of his son. "You are my one and only, you can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight. Oh, you are my one and only. You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight, and you'll be alright." A few tears fell down Emily's face, and Matthew took her into his embrace and wrapped his arms around her.

"Oh, you're just a small bump unknown, you'll grow into your skin, with a smile like hers and a dimple beneath your chin. Fingernails the size of a half grain of rice and eyelids closed to be soon opened wide, A small bump, in four months you'll open your eyes. And I'll whisper quietly, I'll give you nothing but truth. If you're not inside me, I'll put my future in you." Ed sang this with what was almost anger. Like he was angry about his decision. He knew Emily would have a breakdown any second. "You are my one and only, you can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight. Oh, you are my one and only, you can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight, and you'll be alright."

"Look, there he is." Ed comforted Emily as they looked at the picture of their son at the hospital. "He's beautiful."

"He'll look just like you." She said with a smile. "Your hair and everything."

"You think so?'

"He better!" She laughed.

"And you can lie with me, with your tiny feet, when you're half asleep, I'll leave you be. Right in front of me, for a couple weeks, so I can keep you safe." That's when Emily lost it. That's when she broke down in tears. She was sobbing now. Matthew held her close against his chest. 

"I lost him! I lost my son!" She sobbed. "I lost him!"

"Ed, come on! Hurry up!" Emily rushed as they got onto the train. Ed noticed the sick look on her face.

"You look sick? You alright?" He asked her. She nodded.

"Yeah. Just the baby boy." She told him. He nodded lightly. "It's normal by now."

Imogen became emotional but showed no signs of it beside her facial expression.

"'Cause you are my one and only, you can wrap your fingers around my thumb, and hold me tight." Then he started playing the guitar again, hard and fast. "Oh, you are my one and only, you can wrap your fingers thumb and hold me tight. And you'll be alright." Then Ed looked up at the sky to his baby boy. "You were just a small bump unborn for four months, you're torn from life." Ed knew he messed up, but he couldn't help himself. He felt like breaking down at any moment then, like he would just start crying immediately. "Maybe you were needed up there but we're still unaware as why."

Emily looked at the sky. "Thank you for everything, Edward." She said out loud, tears escaping her eyes. This brought back a memory. Her worst memory.