Chapter twelve: Temptation gets him killed

⚠️this chapter is kinda lengthy

Anger filled my body in just a few seconds of seeing him, I looked over at Sara and she mouthed the word 'Sorry.'

Anyone who knows Hayes, knows that he always tries to start trouble with the people he doesn't like, and I'm one of them. I know for a fact he's going to try to take Sara and I can't let that happen.

"What's he doing here?" I asked sternly.

"I was just helping these lovely ladies back to the main dock." He smiled, but I knew that smiled meant 'games on.'

"It's getting pretty late, do you want to spend the night?" Pelly asked, making Grayson's jaw clench up.

"Actually...there's a cabin not to far awa-"

"Shhh" Pelly slapped Grayson's chest playfully.

"Hmm..that'll be nice. Thank you Sweetheart" Hayes winked at Pelly, making Grayson's fiats tighten.

"Why'd you do that?!" He whispered-yelled in her ear.

"Why? What's wrong with it, Grayson? He seems like a nice, sweet boy, and besides it is getting late, it's almost 12:00pm."

Instead of Grayson talking back, he just sighed.
-
Back at the Cabin I made sure not to take my eyes off Sara, Hayes could have tricks up his sleeve and I can't allow him to play them tonight.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" Sara laughed, sitting beside me on the couch in the main living room (there are multiple living rooms in this house)

"You're just so beautiful" I smiled

I leaned in but she kept moving her head back, like she didn't want to.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"That's not the reason, Ethan. What's up" she said sitting a little closer towards me.

"I don't know...Hayes just makes me nervous when he's around you. He likes to play these mind games with me and I-I just don't know what he's planning or anything, I-I-"

"Ethan its ok, but do you really think I would give up you for Hayes?" She asked "Because if I did, don't you think I would be upstairs with him right now?"

I thought about what she said, and she's right. She would never leave me for Hayes.

"I guess not" I said.

She leaned in and I did too, but I stopped.

"What now?" She sighed.

"Come sleep in my room tonight"

"Ethan, didn't you hear a single word I just said?"

"Fine..." I groaned.

We leaned in again and finally our lips touched, Sara deepened the kiss as I pulled her in. Soon our tongues were fighting for dominance but of course she had to win.

"Ew get a room" Skylar said walking past us to the kitchen.

We pulled apart gasping for air

"I'll, let you get you're beauty sleep" I said Kissing her forehead.

She smiled and went upstairs. Something on the back of my head wanted to go with her upstairs but I didn't.