Chapter twenty: Mixed.

Sara's POV

It's been a full month now and the twins birthday was just around the corner. They didn't want a party but Lisa insisted they did, which was kinda weird, because she didn't seem like the party type.

Grayson and I aren't a official couple, but we're taking it slow. Ethan and Cassandra are still together which pisses me off. I know I shouldn't be mad at him, But every time I think about what that psycho did to herself then blamed me just completely pisses me off. I've recently found out that Pelly is attending Harvard University, But we still talk on the phone, FaceTime and Text.

"Hey Ima make some pizza" Grayson said getting up from the couch.

"Okay" I smiled.

I focused my attention on the Movie he had on, Two white chicks, Then all of a sudden I hear the front door slam. I turn around to see Ethan. We glared at each other for a little before focusing are attention somewhere else.

It truly hurt me to know that Ethan and I aren't talking anymore, but then again...it was kinda his fault to begin with.

Grayson came from the kitchen and wrapped him arm around me.

"What's wrong?" He asked

"What?"

"Nothing" I lied.

"There's something wrong, what is it?" He asked worriedly

"I don't know what to get you for your birthday"

"Don't worry about it, You don't have to get me anything"

"Yeah...but I want to, so tell me what you want. There has to be something you want."

"You really want to know what I want?" He smirked.

"Yes!" I said excitedly.

"All I want is for you to stop worrying about me"

"But-"

"That's what I want"

"But-"

"That's what I want"

"Fine..." I scoffed. "Do you smell something burning?"

"Crap, the pizza!" He yelled, getting up and running towards the kitchen.

I laughed to myself, then I took advantage of the time to figure out what Grayson really wanted and the only person who knows him better than me was upstairs.

I got up from the couch and ran up the staircase. I cracked open Ethans door. He had in his ear buds, so he hadn't noticed I was in his room. He turned over on his side, so his back was towards me.

As I was about to get his attention I saw someone on his screen. It was me.

He mumbled something that I couldn't make out. Then he sniffled. Even though I couldn't fully see his face, I knew he was crying.

I quickly exited his room, before I started to cry too.

I went downstairs to where Grayson was watching the movie. I sat down beside him but not as close as I was before.

"Hey, where'd you go?" He asked, taking a bite if his pizza.

"I was in the bathroom" I lied

I could tell Grayson knew something wasn't right, But he didn't ask.

I focused my attention back on the movie, but I wasnt paying attention, my mind was somewhere else.

I was having mixed feelings.