Chapter twenty-One: Fire

When I got back home, I noticed the lights were turned on. Which is weird because mom is out with Lisa and I don't really turn on the lights.

"Hello?!" I called out. I heard footsteps upstairs then something crash down on the floor and break. My heart rate began to speed up. "Mom? Is that you?!" I called out, while walking slowly up the staircase.

I reached my door and heard the footsteps with stumbling. I cracked open my door to only see everything in its place.

I stepped a bit further and almost let out a scream when I saw what was written on my mirror.

" I told you to stay away from Ethan. Prices will be paid. Watch you're back from now on"

I stood there frozen not able to move. I grabbed my phone and called Grayson.

"Hello?" He answered
"Grayson!!! Shescrazysheputamessageonmymirrorhelpme!!!!!!" I screamed.
"Calm down Sara, what happened?"
"She put a message on my mirror." I breathed out.
"She....as in Cassandra?"
"Shhhh don't say her name!!"
"Okay,okay. I'm on my way"
"Hurry!!!"

After I hung up I locked every door and window in the house, But I still felt as if something was watching me. I turned around to see a closet door cracked open.

I slowly walked towards the door and opened it. Something popped up and tackled me to the groubd. I punched it and punched it all while screaming with my eyes closed.

"Get off meee!!!!" I squirmed

I opened my eyes to see me continuously punching a mop.

I quickly got up and placed the mop back into the closet.

"I'm becoming paranoid" I thought. "I just gotta get myself together. She isn't in here, she just left"

I ran up to my moms room and got a shoebox from under her bed. Not just any shoebox, a shoebox with a gun in it.

At that moment I didn't care if I went back to jail.

I went back downstairs and heard a cabinet slam close in the kitchen.

I jumped in the doorway and fired the gun.

"I got you bitch!" I yelled.

My eyes widened when I saw it wasn't Cassandra, It was my mom.

Her eyes were widened and she let out a small scream.

I missed her head by a few inches. Thank God.

"Why the hell do you have my gun?! Are you trying to get you're butt back in jail?!"

"Sorry I thought you were-- nevermind" I sighed.

"You okay? You looked liked you just got attacked by a bear" she asked worriedly.

"I'm fine...just had a rough night"

"How are you and Grayson?" She asked,packing food away. "A little birdy told me you two were dating"

"Well the little birdy is wrong, we were never really a thing, thing"

"Mhmm" she hummed in response.

My phone ringed. I looked down at the name. It was Grayson.

"Hello?" I asked
"Hey I'm outside, If you want you can just-"
"Grayson, I can't just leave my mom!"
"Okay,okay. Calm down. I'm coming in"

I opened the door, And as soon as I did he stepped in. His brown hair with blond highlights were messed up, he had small bags under his eyes and his eyes were red.