Chapter seventeen: Believe me

Listen to the music up top ☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

At that moment I ran over to Ethan's house, his car and another car was in the driveway .

I banged my fists on the door, instead of him or Cassandra it was Grayson. My face expression softened.

"Oh...hey Grayson, is Ethan home?"

Instead of answering he just stood there wide eyed.

"Grayson?" I repeated.

"Oh my god, I missed you so much!" He said pulling me into a hug.

"I missed you too" I said patting his back.

After a good minute, we let go.

"So. What were you asking me?"

"Is Ethan here?"

"Oh, yeah he's in his room"

I ran past him and sprinted up the staircase, I opened his door and instantly he threw all the letters I had given him back into the box.

"Ethan, You're girlfriend is crazy!"

"No she isn't!" He said angrily.

"Yes she is, she left a little note on my mirror"

"You're hallucinating, she would never do anything like that"

"Well she did, Ethan!"

"All you do is lie, lie, lie!" He yelled getting off his bed and walking towards me. "All these damn letters is a lie! You never loved me! In fact you were happy you were in jail, you probably killed Hayes just so you could get in there so you could break up with me!"

"How the hell could you say this shit!? You know damn well I loved-"

"Loved"

"I still do Ethan!" I said taking his hand, instead of holding mine he snatched his away.

"No you don't, Cassandra told me what you said" his voice cracked. "She told me you actually loved being in jail and that you didn't want me and her together"

"Ethan, I never said that..."

"Sara, stop lying!" He said turning back around on the verge of tears.

"I didn't say it!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, I'm sure you didn't"

"She's lying! Ethan I didn't say it!"

"Why can't you just be happy for me! After you broke things off, Cassandra was there to cheer me up, one thing I love about her is she never lied to me" he snapped.

"Ethan I'm not lying!" I screamed, crying.

"Hey what's going on in here?" Grayson asked from the door way.

"I'm going, I can't take this right now" I said running past Grayson, with tears running down my cheeks.

Grayson's POV

I heard Sara and Ethan practically screaming from upstairs, so I went up there to go see what was going on.

"Hey what's going on in here?" I asked.

Sara turned around with her cheeks stained with tears, my heart went out to her, every time she cried it truly hurt. It's like seeing a horror movie and seeing your favorite character die.

"I'm going, I can't take this right now" she said running past me, I was going to run out with her...but first Ethan needed a little talk.

"What the hell did you do?!"

"I don't know what that damn prison did to her, but it's rotten her to the core! First she busts Cassandras lips while I was in the bathroom, next she lies to me about loving me!"

"You fucking idiot, Sara would never do that. If Sara says Cassandra did it. She. Did. It." I said through gritted lips.

"How would you know? You weren't there!"

"You weren't either! You were upstairs!"

Before he could say another word I ran downstairs, out the door. I got into my car and drove to Sara's house and saw her just crying into her knees.

I got out of my car and walked up to her.

"Sara?" I said sitting down beside her. "Why are you out here? It's freezing"

"M-my moms inside with her b-boyfriend and I don't want....I don't w-want her to see me like this" she explained. "She deserves to be happy, and I don't want to ruin the moment for her"

"Wanna go somewhere else?" I asked

"Where?" She sniffed.

"You'll see" I smirked, pulling her off the porch, into my car.

What should Grayson do?
A.Hold Sara's hand and tell her it's going to be alright
B. Tell her it's going to be alright
C. Tell her he doesn't like Cassandra either
D.Both A and C

Vote and comment
👍💬👇