7

It had been two days and we still haven't got back on course; I think all hope is lost. But Taras now hates me a bit less, we're making progress! Anyways, my dream last night was of me asking Silver some questions. Following the prediction that's what I had done once she woke up.

"So Silver." I sat next to her on my bed. "When we first found you, you said I understand Ucorian. I have no idea what the hell that even is or why I understand it. Could you explain?" I ask her. She nods.

"I'm not completely sure why you understand it. You are but a mere human. The humans have never been able to accurately decipher our language. But-you're different." She stared into my eyes; this is very uncomfortable but I can't help but stare back. "You seem to have Ucorian eyes. Very strange." I give her a confused look.

"What do you mean by that?"

"It's probably a coincidence but it's the orange colour. Also your height. Is there a possibility your a Ucorian?"

"Um. No-my parents are from Earth." I reply swiftly. I would ask something else but Taras announced something.

"A ship's up ahead." He sounds slightly panicked; but then again it's kinda hard to tell with the accent and all. I get up front with him and yes, there is a ship.

"Should we get near it?" I ask as we slowly approach it. It looks like something foreign and it had no lights on it. Silver stood behind us.

"That's a Ucorian ship." She says. "I wonder if anyone's in there."

"Go find out." Taras turns to her. She nods and jolts to the exit. Before I knew it she was out there trying to break into the ship.

"Doesn't she need a helmet? She's gonna die out there." I get mildly concerned but remember she was just casually floating in space for years without oxygen.

"Obviously not..." Taras trailed off watching Silver pry open the door and enter the ship. We watched her eventually start up the ship and she glided back to ours and proceeded to enter.

"Can I keep it?" She asked as if she was begging to keep a pet. We agreed. We honestly thought that she would fly away but she actually stayed by our side. She used a headset which she stole from our ship to communicate, there was also a calling system that we managed to connect. It's actually nice to have someone else with us who is also lost in space. Now we can all die together!