13

I awoke to laughter.

"What exactly did you do Alex?" I could hear Silver on the communication system.

"Huh?" I sat up and looked around. I forgot what had happened last night. Did it really matter, I was more focused on my dream. I shrugged and attempted to walk to my side of the ship to get my journal. I still felt lightheaded and sick as all hell. I'm not surprised, I haven't really ate anything for at least four days. I look to the front as I'm walking-Taras is controlling the ship. Good for him.

"What's the plan?" I ask sitting down on my soft bed.

"Don't know. What is 'ze plan Mr. All-knowing-physic?" I chuckled, is that my name now?

"Prepare your weapons. We'll come across some Smyke ships. When we do meet them we need to get them on a planet. Force them out of their ship. All they got with them will be two snipers. We can take 'em."

"Can't we just shoot them down in the ship?" Luka asked as he was eavesdropping on our conversation.

"Heavily armoured. Our firepower can't do anything against it." I begin writing.

"Sounds like a plan!" I could hear Silver through the com.system.

"Taras you can stay and watch the ships when we do leave." I made a suggestion. Taras agreed.

I finish writing and take my seat up front. I rest back in my seat and view the almost repeating scenery.

"Luka. What are you good at?" I still know almost nothing about Luka.

"Oh!" He jumps to the opportunity to share his stories. "I'm apart of a gang. Er-was. I was apart of a gang. I was their head assassin. I set traps, activate bombs, fun shit like that!" Assassin-that seems fitting for Luka.

"Are you from Earth?" Is ask him. He looks one hundred percent human.

"Yep."

"N.I.S.E?" I ask. He nods. I've heard stories about this one guy, Luka, he's four years older than me so we've never really talked while we were both in N.I.S.E. I would have recognized him right away but damn he's changed. If you compared two pictures of Luka three years ago to Luka now, he will look like two different people. Old Luka was a lot like me, a socially awkward freak. But something just changed suddenly. Luka went from a blip on the school social network to building his empire of fame. Then after launching he was never seen or heard from again.

Something strange that I had noticed, was that there was a strange burning sensation on my back. So I headed to the bathroom to check it out.I took off my shirt and looked over my shoulder. Nothing. Strange. I walk out of the bathroom, shirt in hand.

"You see anything thing strange on my back?" I ask to any of the three.

"Why?" Taras asks.

"My back is burning." I reply. Taras shakes his head.

"There's nothing there."

"Dude I think you're high." Luka adds.

"No, you're high." I put my shirt back on and shrug this off as a simple skin irritation.

"You're probably right." Luka says. Silver concludes this strange conversation with a announcement.

"The Smyke's are near. Brace yourselves." Taras and I take our positions and Luka is left kinda standing there.

"Might want to sit down. Alex flies like a mad man." Taras says trying to get the positions of the enemy ship.

"Shut up. I'm at the top of my class." I brag. But what's the point, so is he.

"No time to make snarky remarks. It's closer." Silver puts an end to this rambling. I see the bulky ship which is visible but quite far away.

"Find that planet." I order. Taras does as he's told.

"Located." He sent the coordinates to Silver's ship.

"Received. It's planet Yaro. No atmosphere or anything. Suit up when you get the chance." I am so glad we have Silver with us. Not only could I possibly hook up with her-she's smart as fuck. Luka tried not to fall and grab his shit.

The Smyke ship sped towards us. Silver headed to the left and we headed to the right to lead it to this planet. Like I predicted it followed and crash landed. Well-we crashed too. I'm not the best at landing under pressure. Without thinking I grabbed my rifle and sprinted out the door.

"Wait Alex!" I could hear Taras behind me. What had I done wrong? Wait. I realized. Shit. I don't have my helmet. I'm gonna fuckin' die! I screamed. Sliver came up behind me. I screamed on my knees for a solid minute awaiting death.

"Calm down." Luka passed by me. "You're still alive. Somehow." I stood up. I'm still alive?

"I'm still alive!?" I cheered.

"We'll figure this out later." Silver pulled me by the hand to the crashed Smyke ship. The door opened and I took aim behind the two who ventured up front. Taras was watching our ships and stayed behind. One of the Smykes was killed immediately by Luka and the other had their weapon thrown out of their hands by Silver. I then sniped them. Their gun was still drifting towards me and I stopped it with my foot. It had a dark orange/red symbol on it which resembled a diamond and within that were swirly lines. I decided to keep this exotic weapon-it just looks cool. We piled back in the ships and headed out. We also tried to come to a conclusion of how I cheated death.

"It makes no sense." Silver gave up on coming to a conclusion. "How does this even happen!" I could see her fling her arms up over her head and sign in defeat. Taras grabbed the gun that I took.

"You seriously took this?" He asked, questioning my sanity.

"Yeah. It looks cool."

"It's useless. Only Smyke's can activate it." Taras explained.

"Anyways I'm out." Silver cut out of the system leaving us three alone.

"I must come to a logical explanation." Luka paced around the ship lost in thought. "This simply does not happen."

"True." Taras agreed. I went to get some blueberries from a stash I had hidden. That's when I randomly passed out.