8

It had officially been a week since we have gone off track. The three of us had also grown closer as a team. I was contemplating opening the envelope that mom sent me but I knew there was still hope. That's when dad called.

"The signal is weak but I have something to tell you." He said while the screen occasionally cut out.

"Okay." I said.

"Taras. I need to talk to Taras specifically, could you leave the room Alex?" I obeyed and went and hid in the bathroom. What would be so important that dad would want me to leave the room. I guess I'll find out eventually. So I waited for about three minutes and I hear a blood curdling scream followed by sobbing. Being genuinely concerned I left that fuckin' bathroom. The screen had cut out and Taras has his head hidden in his hands. He's crying his eyes out.

"What the fuck happened?" I ask kinda scared. I get no reply, I get closer to him and place my hand on his back. "Dude."

"Victor's dead." He cried. Damn. "He killed himself. He fucking killed himself!" He cried harder and slammed his hands on the control panel, he accidentally turned off the gravity. "Go away tall-ass!" He tried to walk away but hit the wall. His tears floated off his face and revolved into little tear water balls. He tried to move to his bed but gave up and kinda floated in the middle of the ship. I glided towards him and decided to give him a hug; this resulted in us spinning until I accidentally hit the roof with my foot. We stayed like that for a many minutes; Taras didn't punch me or struggle. He just hugged back, still crying. I slightly let go but Taras just hugged back harder. I could feel his hot breath on my neck-does Taras really hate me? He buried his face in my shoulder and it felt like he tugged on my shirt occasionally. I could feel his hands run through my hair. I think we're actually having a moment. I know we hate each others guts but-I don't know-this might be something other than hate; something I can't explain. This all just happened so fast-what was I supposed to do?

Taras finally pushed away and the gravity was turned back on. We talked with Silver for a bit like I predicted and we headed to bed. I decided to be brave and open the envelope that I had been given. It looked old and weathered-there were no words written on the outside of it. I sat on my bed, the only light source being a small lamp above my head. Inside the envelope were many, many papers. I look over at Taras; he was still awake.

"What are you doin'?" He asked looking at the many papers which spilled out of the envelope.

"I got a envelope from my mom. She told me to open it when I lose contact with everyone. I don't know why." I picked up one of the papers. I noticed that the majority of the papers were just polaroid pictures of me when I was a kid. Cute.