Nineteen.

Over the past month, things have been wonderful and any rumor of Niall's once existing 'mystery girl' have died down. When it comes to the boys, I'm very low key. I don't leave the house with them, and it's tough, but for the best. If I leave the house, I go alone, with much reluctance from Niall. The boys do concerts, interviews, etcetera all the same, and I do get lonely when they go out of town. This makes Niall want to go public, but I'm uneasy about it. I may be a people person, but I've had my fair share of problems with some. It may not show and it seems cliche, but I have little to no confidence in myself whatsoever, though it's not my family. The reason I am, is an entirely different story.

-

"Hey babe, me and the lads are gonna head to a club, have a few drinks, wanna come?"

"No! I mean, um no thanks. I'm just gonna watch some movies I think, not feeling too good."

Niall gave me a funny look, not entirely believing me, but knowing not to push it. I didn't look him in the eyes as he nodded his head.

"Alright. Bye love. Hope you feel better."

He kissed the top of my head before turning to the open door.

"Liam, mate, you coming?"

"Nah, I think I'll just hang with Al. Watch over her."

"Thanks man. See you in a bit."

The door closed, then headlights passed over the house, and I knew they were gone. I sat down on the couch, silently flipping through the tv channels.

"What's your real reason for not going out with the guys?"

"Like I said, I don't feel good."

"Uh-huh. Al, you can't lie to me. I know you."

"You don't know anything! I just don't feel good so drop it!"

After a few minutes of silence, I turned to Liam, who was afraid to say anything else.

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright."

"There is a reason, I just don't want to talk about it now alright? Maybe another time."

"Okay."

We became quiet once more, only our laughs breaking the silence from time to time. 

After a few hours, close to midnight, I heard a car door shut. I slightly panicked because I'd hoped to be asleep before they got home. 

Liam gave me a worried glance as I realized a look of fear must've been etched onto my face.

I remained still, eyes glued to the tv as the front door opened and closed. The guy's drunken laughter filling the house.

"Babe."

Niall sat beside me and I instantly smelt the alcohol on his breath. I shot up off the couch, backing away from the rest of the boys as they crowded around the couch.

"Babe?"

Niall stood up, taking a step closer to me. I took a step back. They all looked at me wide-eyed, unsure of what was happening.

"Baby..? Liam, what did you do?!"

"I didn't do a thing mate, she was fine before you lot got home."

"Al, baby, what's wrong?"

Niall took another step towards me and I took yet another step back. Breathe Aleena, just breathe. It's going to be okay.

"Please don't come near me."

My voice trembled and I knew the waterworks were soon to follow.

"But, I don't understand."

Tears clouded my eyes and started to trail down my face. Niall came forward, wrapping his arms around me protectively.

I got a whiff of the sickeningly smell again and I lost it.

"LET ME GO, LET ME GO, LET ME GO!!!"

Liam darted up, placing himself between me and the others. I hugged him tightly from behind as Niall backed up and sat down.

"I don't understand. What did I do?"

The room fell quiet, except for my crying. I wasn't able to control myself. Loud sobs raged through my body as O sat, curled up on the floor across from everyone. Louis nor Harry attempted anything funny. They all knew this was serious.

"Al, would this happen to be the 'another time' you mentioned earlier?"

I nodded before more tears formed. Liam knelt down beside me, cooing in my ear and I shortly found myself falling asleep in his embrace.