Chapter 5: Flash Back

It was a rainy night, back in London about 6 months ago, and Harry had finally turned 18. You and Harry were never that close. In all honesty you didn't like flirts, and he was the worst of them all. He hit on everyone. It annoyed you, but not badly, considering it wasn't your call or any of your business what he does.

"DRINKSSS ALL AROUND!" Niall rushed around handing everyone beers. "FOR THE SSSPECCCIAL BIRTHDAY BOY!" He was obviously... not okay. You couldn't help but laugh as you watched him stagger around the room.

"Niall! No more for you, dude!" Liam stood in front of him, his arms folded across his chest, yet laughing.

"Pshhh im good," Niall then bumped into the wall causing him to spill his beer. "Sorry," he said, slowly patting the wall.

"Yea you're done," Liam grabbed Niall's half empty beer, the other half was sliding down the wall and onto the floor. Niall grabbed it back and walked toward you, put it in your hand, patted your head and threw himself on the coach.

"I was fine," he murmured.

"You just apologized to a wall!" Zayn chuckled.

"Well I was ssorry for running into it! They have feelings too!"

"What?!" Harry burst into laughter. Louis soon joined in pointing at him giving you the 'Can you believe this guy?' look. Everyone had lost their minds due to an overload on alcohol. All except for you and Liam.

You wouldn't dare drink in front of Liam. You knew he wouldn't approve and it would hurt him to see you breaking the law. Still holding the beer, you gave your brother a scared look.

"Not too much," he sighed. You looked at him with horror. "What? I'm not dumb. I know who your friends are, and I know who you are. You do it too." Ouch. It hurt you to know he knew. You decided tonight wouldn't be a drinking night. You walked over to the sink and dumped the rest of the beer down the drain. Liam smiled with pride. You smiled back and sat between Harry and Zayn.

"Where's my gift miss (Y/N)?" Harry said, his eyes half closed.

"I gave it to you yesterday!" This was the second time you were celebrating his birthday. Yesterday, it was just you, the boys, Danielle, Eleanor, and Harry's family. Tonight, the boys, Harry's friends, and even random people were celebrating Harry's "coming of age". There were a lot of party crashers, mostly girls. You laughed as you watched them interact with the boys as though they knew them.

Harry stuck out his lip in a pout, "I was expecting another," he said grabbing your hand. You pulled away.

"Welp, looks like your S.O.L. Mr. Styles."

"I don't have to be," Harry stuck out his lips making a kissy face. You laughed. This was his birthday, you couldn't be mean. You just stared at him.

"Fine," he murmured, "at least join us in a little fun." He slid you a beer.

"Can't argue with the birthday boy," you smiled at him, looked around for Liam, and took a swig. A few drinks later, things began to blur together. People got crazier, and jokes became funnier. Niall was officially passed out on the sofa, Zayn was lip-locked with some girl, and Louis was running around with his finger in the air. Your typical idiots. No sign of Liam. You and Harry, for the first time, were actually enjoying eachother's company. There came a point where you actually began to flirt back with him.

"Woah there," Harry leaned back observing you. He grabbed your face and tilted it in both directions, staring at you intensely. You began to laugh.

"What are you doing, Haz??"

"Checking to see if your broke. You're actually being nice to me, and if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were flirting back with me!" He dropped his arms. You playfully smack his arm.