Chapter 23: Damsel in Distress

HARRY'S POV

How stupid of me? I should've known better than to do something like that. Niall and I aren't on the best of terms but I should have kept my cool on stage. Also, I shouldn't have spoken about something so personal in front of thousands of people. That was rotten. No one deserves that embarrassment.

"Lads! She's gone!"

I mean I left that rose by her door for a reason.

"WHAT? MY SISTER LEFT? WHERE?"

Yes, I'm upset, but I know I couldn't possibly love anyone else.

"I dunno, mate, she's just gone!"

I still love her.

"I chased her for as long as I could, but she just disappeared around the corner!"

I wanted her to know that she isn't hated, that she is still loved. That's why I left the flower.

"EARTH TO HARRY!" Louis waves a hand in front of my face. I snap back to reality.

"Hmm, wha?" I meet his frantic and worried gaze. His eyes are wide and he looks out of breath. I look around the room to see Zayn pacing back and forth trying to reach someone on his phone, swearing each time he failed. Liam is yelling something at Preston as he grabs Niall's elbow and bolts for the back door.

"Did you hear a word he just said?" Louis says, standing to his feet and slipping on his shoes.

"No."

"It's (Y/N). She's run off!" He shouts over his shoulder after Liam and Niall.

"GOD DAMMIT, (Y/N)!" Zayn screams. He tries dialing her number again. My heart sinks to the pit of my stomach. I feel like throwing up. She must be lost. How could she not be? This is a completely foreign country. She doesn't know where she is.

"Zayn, keep trying!" I yell running out the back door. The boys are headed down three different streets. They've all split up. I go my own way as well.

"Dammit (Y/N)!" I mutter under your breath. This is all my fault. If we can't find her...

END OF HARRY'S POV

It's hard to see through all the tears blocking your vision. You aren't even thinking. You just walk. You just want to get as far away from him as possible. You did him wrong, but that, THAT was low.

It's dark and there are absolutely no streetlights on this road. It's a back road. There's a lot of trees and nature on this road. If it weren't for your anger, it would be a pretty calm place...

'Wait,' you think to yourself. 'What the hell am I doing? I don't even know where I am.' You begin to think about how stupid it was of you to walk away. It didn't matter. When you were ready to go back, you'd just follow the road. Seems pretty simple.

You stop in the middle of the road and look around. You're far enough from them now, you can relax. You sit on the pavement with your knees drawn to your chest.

"Dammit Harry." You mutter. Tears spill over on to your cheeks.

"Hey, beautiful, ya lost?" A deep American accent fills your ears. You look up at a man standing a few meters away.

"No. I know where I am. Thanks." You reply. His demeanor brings about all the wrong ideas. You try to get him to leave you alone.

"Heeeyyy, a pretty girl like such shouldn't cry." He says.

"I'm fine. Now please, go away." You hear soft footsteps coming from the side of you. You turn your head from the man to see another guy standing a small ways off.