Chapter 21: What Have You done? (Part 2)

HARRY'S POV

My chest aches. It feels as though my heart is sinking lower and lower into my chest, like it's reaching to my back. Though it weighs down on me, I lift my head, raising to my elbows.

"What?" I ask to make sure I heard her right. Tears were in her eyes, and she turns her head to look at me.

"I'm- I'm so sorry." She says and closes her eyes to hold back her tears. I've been betrayed. Not only did she cheat on me, but she did it with... Niall. Of all people. He's like my best friend.

I search inside of me to look for any ounce of anger I have, but surprisingly there is none. Why isn't there any? I want to be mad. Anger I can get over, eventually. I want to yell, and scream, and be angry, but I can't. There's just ache. Like I said, I could get over anger, but this... this is below the belt, and it hurts.

"Harry. Harry, look at me. I want YOU, Harry. Please look at me." I continue to stare off into empty space. I don't even feel her hands on my shoulders, or see her face in front of me. I just... zone.

"Harry, I don't know why it happened, but it did. And I feel awful. I'm telling you, because I don't want to keep secrets. Harry, I lo-" She struggles.

"I can't be without you. Harry, for goodness sakes listen!" A long silence fills the air.

"Come back to me." She whispers. I blink a few times and finally see her. I look at her hands which have migrated to my chest.

"We should go." I finally manage.

END OF HARRY'S POV

You sit in the passenger seat with the blankets folded in your lap. From time to time you glance over at Harry who's focus is on the road. Your eyes travel from his face down to his hands that are gripping the steering wheel. A little too tightly. You braced yourself for his screams and yells and hollers, but he is silent. This scares you even more than you would have imagined. The fact that you don't know what he is thinking kills you. But you are killing him. You hurt him. Badly. And you're afraid he'll never forgive you. Or worse. Never speak to you. The silent treatment isn't sitting well in your stomach and you suddenly feel sick, luckily you arrive to the hotel.

He stops the car and waits for you to get out. You stare at him for a long time before opening the door. Where does he think he's going? He still says nothing. He doesn't even look at you or responds to your presence, but his hands grip the wheel tighter with each passing second. Defeated, you let yourself out of the car and watch him speed away.

You press the palm of your hand to your forehead, trying to squeeze out the memory of what just happened. It pained you to see him so hurt, and it pains you even more knowing that you're the one that did it.

"He hates me now. Absolutely hates me." You whisper under your breath. You cannot stop the tears from coming as you walk down the hall to your room. You walk inside and lie down in bed. There will be no sleeping tonight.

HARRY'S POV

When I wake in the morning, I finally check my text messages. There are a few from (Y/N).

(Y/N): Harry, are you back yet?

(Y/N): Look i know you hate me right now, and i dont blame you. But just give me a yes or no. You dont have to talk to me.

(Y/N): Please. I'm just worried about you Harry. Tell me you are okay and back at the hotel. Just say yes or no. that's it.

Yes. I am back at the hotel. I just went for a drive to clear my head. No. I'm not okay. But I'm guessing she meant physically.