Chapter 24: Snapback and Snacks

No one knows. You and Harry keep it between you and Harry. The band has enough to worry about with the whole Niall vs Harry drama, the tour, and their own personal lives. That night would be just another issue to deal with.

On the bus, Niall drug you away from everyone and cradled you in his arms on your way back to the hotel. He walked you to your room and kissed your nose. Something he tends to do with you now-a-days. He tells you that he's glad you're safe and to sleep tight.

You lie awake. Every time you shut your eyes, you saw a knife being forced in Harry's direction. You blink your eyes rapidly, trying to shake the image. You realize how much fear you had for Harry's life during that time, making you completely forget your own. You try shutting your eyes again; this time an image of a large man lunging at Harry flashes before your eyes. Pulling the covers off, you hop out of bed and grab your key as well as Harry's.

You open his door as silently as possible, trying not to disturb him. He's on his side, facing the other wall. You slowly pull back the covers and situate yourself beside him. He immediately turns over and wraps his arms around your middle.

"Can't sleep?" You can tell by the sound of his voice that he's been awake as well. You shake your head.

"Me neither." He says. You turn over and face him. He's only a few inches away.

"Do you forgive me? Truly?" You whisper.

"Yes." He nods.

"Do you forgive me?" He adds. He's whispering as well.

"Yes." You reply. He smiles, but then his face goes serious.

"I want to talk to you about... Niall." He says. You hold your breath.

"I'm not mad, I just... I'm trying to understand."

"What do you want to know?" You say.

"How do... erm... You feel? About him, I mean."

"This sounds crazy... but I feel for him the same way I do for you." Harry looks down at the sheets and plays with the edges.

"The same huh?" He sounds disappointed. You nod.

"Unfortunately. I want to be able to say I have things figured out, and after all you've done for me and said to me, I want to be able to say I choose you, but Niall has a special place in my heart. There's something about him that always draws me back to him. Maybe it's because I've had a better relationship with him for a longer amount of time." You say. He continues to play with the sheets.

"Remember when I hated you? Or so I thought?" You giggle, changing the subject. He looks up at you and smiles.

"Yes. Remember when you looked at me like I was insane for wanting a hug after not seeing you for over a month?" He chuckles. You nod.

"Remember on your birthday, when Louis shoved your face in the cake so hard you got a nose bleed?" You can't whisper anymore, you begin to laugh.

"And I didn't know how to make it stop, plus there was cake up my nose, so Louis took me around the back and shot me with a hose to get the blood and cake off my face? Yea. I remember that. Best birthday ever." He says rolling his eyes. You both laugh and then fall silent.

"I really want to kiss you right now, Styles." You whisper.

"Nothing's stopping you." Harry whispers back. You bite your lip.

"Ah. That's right..." He says, obviously thinking about Niall.

"Then let me make the move, so you're guilt-free." He says. He closes his eyes and moves in closer. His lips find yours. He moves them slowly, like he's afraid you might break or at least counteract him. He presses his hand against your cheek. For a second you completely forget about the world and kiss him back, but then an image of Niall smiling nervously at you on the Farris wheel runs underneath your eyelids. You tense up and pull back. Harry bites his lip.