Chapter 15: Best Friend Blues

NIALL'S POV

While I'm sitting on the bed, trying to sort myself out I decide that just because I'm on lock-down, doesn't mean I have to spend dinner alone. If the lads want to go out to eat, alright, but if (Y/N) is still here tonight, maybe she wouldn't mind eating some dinner with me. I need to apologize to Harry as well. He's one of my best mates. I really owe him an apology. I didn't mean to beat him to a pulp. I still love him to death. I get up off the bed and head to the door, maybe they haven't gone downstairs yet.

They haven't. I hear voices. I put a smile on.

"Hey-" That's when I see it. I stop myself before they notice I've said anything.

Harry and (Y/N).

(Y/N) and Harry.

Lip-locked.

After everything that just happened. After all he said. After all he did. After all of those tears she shed and all those hours I spent wiping them away. After the fight I fought for her. After the shame I brought over the band and myself, ALL for her. There she is. Back in his arms.

Instead of the anger coming back, it fades. My hands are dangling hopelessly by my side and pain replaces the heart in my chest. I can literally feel it breaking and there is nothing I can do about it. The "Lil' sis, big bro" relationship that everyone SAID was there lifts away. Actually, it was never there. I'm in love with my best friend, and I'm just now having to go through the pain of experiencing that...

END OF NIALL'S POV

Harry has gone back in his room and you lean against the wall next to the elevator waiting for  Liam to return with Zayn and Louis. To escape boredom you begin to pick at some of your blue nail polish, chipping it off piece by piece. That's when you see them turn the corner and walk your way. You look up and smile, but their expressions are rather odd. Liam is looking straight ahead, his face white and mouth in a straight line. Louis is looking down with his hands in his pockets, looking rather ashamed. Zayn is doing the same, but taking every few seconds to glare at Louis from the corner of his eyes.

"Liam?" You say. He ignores you and gets in the elevator. Zayn pauses and smacks Louis' shoulder.

"I told you not to bring it up." He grumbles at Louis. You furrow your eyebrows and look at Louis.

"I'm sorry." He mouths. The elevator closes. 'I guess Liam is in no mood to wait,' you think.

"For what? What happened?" You ask.

"Well mister blabber mouth over here decided it would be okay to ask him if he heard about the fight last night." Zayn squints his eyes at Louis.

"Louis!" You groan.

"He doesn't-" you pause, "didn't know!"

"I know! Well I do now! I thought he was sure to have heard it by now!" He throws his hands in the air.

"Well does he know what it's about?" You ask.

"No. We don't even know. He asked, but we didn't have any answers to give him." Zayn says.

You look to the floor. That whole fight was about you, but how can you tell them that? They've been totally drama free since they've been a band and now with you in the picture it's been a mess.

"Wait (Y/N), do YOU know?" Louis tilts his head down to look at your face. You bite your lip.

"No. Not at all. I'm just as confused as you are." You lie. You try to keep your eyes away from Louis' and Zayn's. If you were to look into them, they'd be able to see right through you.